Contributor
didi

Problems with BT Vision box

[ Edited ]

I have been a vision customer since it first came out and still have the originL box which now has developed a fault where it keeps rebooting itself for no apparent reason. A week ago I made an appointment for an engineer to come out today between 8 and 12 I have just had a phone call telling me they will be here before 5 well sorry BT I won't be! It is my one day off and I have a life! Now they are saying the first appointment is another 2 weeks away so that will be me without a service I am paying for for 3 weeks so I am off to research broadband deals and BT will have lost a customer of over 20 years. I am sorry that is not acceptable customer service

Contributor
didi

Re: Problems with BT Vision box

[ Edited ]

Well after a few more phone calls and being told that it was probably a software issue due to the age of my box they are now sending a box by post because the next appointment is so far off. If it's Known issue why can not BT just supply a new box to customers with the original boxes why do we have to have an engineer come out or at least give customers the option.
Having said all that my advice is if you have any vision issues ask for a lady called Pat she was polite and helpful and she at least did seem to understand the concept of customer service.

Contributor
rewsan

[ Edited ]

I had one of the origonal silver boxes and last week out of the blue a new black one arrived. I'd been having no issues with my current box but a letter stated that due to new features being rolled out my silver box would stop working properly within 28 days.

Aspiring Expert
nugget

[ Edited ]

Hello, i would say bt don't give a stuff about their customer's but they do care about your hard earned cash.The new bt black box ain't that good either audio drop out picture freeze no hd freeview.