Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Guru

Re: Release date BT Vision HD box

Nobody knows yet. Where do the nuns come into it?

Aspiring Contributor

Convents are what happens when you don't check what the ipad spell checker is doing when typing convenient.

Expert

Range wrote:

Convents are what happens when you don't check what the ipad spell checker is doing when typing convenient.

This post is word perfect my chequer tolled me sew

no trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Aspiring Expert

Very good ......... I like that ......:smileyhappy:

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor

Range wrote:
Would the latest BT vision box be able to step to a youview box? Just wondering if that be a convent way of not upgrading current customers with a new box.

I phoned BT yesterday to ask when my Vision contract is out.

Said I'm thinking of going back to Sky due to lack of Freeview HD.

The chap told me that the black BT Vision box is receiving a firmware update to HD, but no timescale had been made available yet.

This can't be right can it?

I thought a box had to have a Freeview HD tuner in it for that.

Anyone able to say one way or the other for definite?

Aspiring Expert

it's old tosh, you're right the Vision box needs a new tuner to receive the Freeview HD channels

Aspiring Expert

Hi,something should be done about the some of the spiel used by salespersons.It can be rather misleading and it's not fair on all the other hardworking bt sales team.I was on the pace website the other day and there was a new iptv box that looked like a funkier version of the bt vision+ box it might even fit the spec for youview.I wouldn't know because i'm not that technically minded, i can just about tie my shoe laces:smileyvery-happy:

Expert

Range wrote:
Would the latest BT vision box be able to step to a youview box? Just wondering if that be a convent way of not upgrading current customers with a new box.

The next BT Vision 2.0 HD box will be a YouView box. That is, it will be on the YouView platform. The expected release date is June, just before the Olympics starts. 

But everyone has gone very quiet on anything and everything to do with the launch of the platform.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Expert

The confusion lies in the fact that certain parts of the box (on demand downloaded films) can be HD. Also it could be possible with firmware to stream Hd content. to further complicate things sd content is upscaled when viewed on a hd tv giving near hd viewing pleasure.

but as far as freeview content is concerned it will always be SD on the current boxes as it is a physical limitation of the hardware not something that can be changed with a software/firmware update.

no trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Expert

I recently purchased a HD PVR box by the same people who make the current BT Vision boxes, its great, its freeview, does not need a network connection to boot up, but can connect to the net if i want to stream tv content for ...free!

However BT Vision can offer value for money, i am waiting for the next release to see what it can offer!!

CG Over An Out