Aspiring Expert
chrisbalmer

Re: Release date BT Vision HD box

what a load of old cobblers.
Expert
Guyincognito76

I pay £60 a month for line rental, unlimited calls, unlimited Internet, Vision unlimited and SS1 & SS2

And that's not a six month deal, like Sky, I was on less for first three months of my new contract.

So it's not cobblers.
Aspiring Expert
nugget

I got fed up with BT vision content being repeated far too much,the past few months have been lousy as far as content and the next few.

Then i had a dispute with BT regarding my contract,initially i was told it would take five days to resolve it took nineteen.

BT customer service is absolutely  terrible,they are trying to charge me £199 for a box i have had for two years and i have told them this at least ten times.

Sky is better value as far as i'm concerned,unlimited broadband,Sky Talk Freetime,Sky Entertainment Extra,Sky HD,Sky Anytime+ all for £47 for the first six months then £55.

BT Broadband talk option2,BT vision unlimited £46 flat,Sky beats BT hands down.

Expert
Guyincognito76

I admit to having the advantage of not really having to pay for On Demand and therefore am not that bothered about the content. What I mean by this is, that I would be happy to pay £30 for ESPN and Sky Sports 1&2 and I get a fee PVR thrown in; On Demand is just like an added extra.

I realise that not everyone likes sport, but I have always said that Vision is better value for sport fans, than non-sport fans.
Aspiring Expert
andyf941

I like the concept of the product, I like the content, albeit it could do with refreshing more often, and I like the price.  I have to say one of the main reasons for having Vision is the sport.

But, and back to this thread in a way I guess, is that the lack of HD broadcast channels is becoming to me (and obviously many others judging by these boards) to be a real issue.

BT aren't alone here, but you would like to think that one of these companies might one day put the customer first and release semi-firm plans about what they're doing AND WHEN they're going to do it.

For all their faults (and there are many - hence me being a BT CUSTOMER), a certain satellite broadcaster is generally very good at that sort of thing.

High definition is not new.....

Aspiring Expert
nugget

Yeah but that pvr is not very personal as soon as you end contract with BT its useless.

The only thing you can do with it is take the HDD out and get it unlocked

Expert
masona2

andyf941 wrote:

I like the concept of the product, I like the content, albeit it could do with refreshing more often, and I like the price.  I have to say one of the main reasons for having Vision is the sport.

But, and back to this thread in a way I guess, is that the lack of HD broadcast channels is becoming to me (and obviously many others judging by these boards) to be a real issue.

BT aren't alone here, but you would like to think that one of these companies might one day put the customer first and release semi-firm plans about what they're doing AND WHEN they're going to do it.

For all their faults (and there are many - hence me being a BT CUSTOMER), a certain satellite broadcaster is generally very good at that sort of thing.

High definition is not new.....

You know, I totally agree with every word you've said above.

But BT have been giving out strong indications for a while now, that we will get HD channels, but they'll be broadcast over the internet...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/30/bt_to_embrace_iptv_during_broadband_network_upgrade/

And I read another article where Steve White stated this is how BT would also deliver Sky Sports in HD too, but I couldn't find the link to that one, sorry.

But on top on the above, I wanted a Freeview HD recorder too.

Now the up-coming YouView box will be a Freeview HD recorder, but whether we'll get one, remains to be seen.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Aspiring Expert
andyf941

Where are those 'strong' indications though, that article doesn't mention HD.  And whilst it talks about upgrades to the network it only says "that full IPTV services, using quality of service protocols, could then be launched for the first time on the BT network" (my emphasis).

And that's a significant part of my problems....lack of clarity about what they are planning to do, especially when you're required to sign up to a contract.  Worth pointing out as well, that's a relatively old article, and we haven't seen anything since then.

I've no doubt that BT are planning many exciting things they can do with their network, but it seems to me that current customers are not high on their priority.....I'm an adult, give me information and I can make a judgement.  Give me nothing and I'll vote with my feet.

Aspiring Contributor
RTFishall

I would guess that's because the new users have never seen HD television!

Expert
Guyincognito76

This argument still reminds me of someone choosing to have dinner in Nandos everyday, complaining that it doesnt sell hamburgers. There's a Burger King across the street, you know?