pollyc
Accepted Solution

Remote control problem - only controls tv, not digibox

I have a silver digibox with the silver remote, and the remote doesn't seem to be connecting to the box.

Yesterday it suddenly started operating the tv, however you could turn off the box without turning the whole tv off, and the blue light flashed when you pressed any button.

Although today it doesn't even do that, it entirely controls the tv and hasn't connected at all with the box - not even the blue light anymore.

I have tried to reset the remote, and messed around with the batteries, but neither of those have worked..

Anyone have any idea what is wrong?

And how to set it right?

Aspiring Expert
AlunH

Re: Remote control problem - only controls tv, not digibox

Have you tried pressing the "mode" button, this toggles between the TV and Vision box?

Cheers
Alun

"Can a leopard change it's shorts?" - T Prattchet
pollyc

Yes I have done that, the remote flashes but doesn't seem to do anything to the box :smileyfrustrated:

Contributor
boybeckham

I had remote control problems, specifically the volume not working, with my silver box. Phoned up the BT Vision technical support (0800 800 900) helpline regarding a differernt issue and mentioned the remote problems and they sent out a replacement black one. Turned up withing 48 hours and works a treat. Seems to "feel" much better quality than the silver one. Try giving them a call :smileyhappy:
pollyc

no its ok, i just gave up and went to the last resort - turned it off and on again.

Now it works fine lol

Guru
stuartrogerson

That solves so many problems!
Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits