Aspiring Contributor
stephenwhite990

Remote control

Most of the buttons on my remote control dont work very well . They have to be pressed very hard to make them work and the up/ down channel button is unusable . Can I get a new remote control ????? or can it be fixed ?????

Distinguished Guru
DS

Re: Remote control

Hi stephenwhite990 and welcome

Call 08001114567 and say the vision remote has stopped working. There's a very good chance they'll just send out a replacement free of charge.

note: If you own a silver box and therefore a silver remote, they may only have the black remote in stock. If so it has a different tv code.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Expert
r1sh12

My silver remote stopped working, I called them and they never had any silver remotes left.
They just sent me a black one, the TV codes are on the BT site.
gandalfstwin

My silver went faulty. First of all they said new TV at fault. Asked my to try linking remote to TV. Told them that it had worked, but now would not 'De-Mute'

Tried link-up anyway. All codes flashed twice. (Should be either thrre times for correct, or once for incorrect) When I said that mine flashed twice for every code, they just about called me a liar by saying that that does not happen.

Went through full reset over phone, then tried code 0000. BLINK!, BLINK!.

They agreed remote must be faulty, so they are sending a replacement....

WHY TAKE TWO **bleep** HOURS OVER IT THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GT

Expert
MickyG

[ Edited ]

BT sent us, at no charge, a new black remote to replace the old silver one (I don't think the channel up/down buttons ever worked on ours!).

It worked fine as soon as the batteries were in. We didn't need to put in codes to use on BT Vision.

ulzana

I have same problem.  Asked for a new remote.  Same problem.  Just put up with it now, but only until contract ends.  Endless problems: error messages particularly V04.  Jittery vision.  No access to On Demand and being told by Customer Service it's because I don't have the package I'm paying for.  Charged for cancelling contract when I hadn't. Could go on, but it would be boring.  Everthing does get sorted eventually, but time spent resolving issues is unacceptable. 

Guru
guilbo

MickyG wrote:

BT sent us, at no charge, a new black remote to replace the old silver one (I don't think the channel up/down buttons ever worked on ours!).

It worked fine as soon as the batteries were in. We didn't need to put in codes to use on BT Vision.

You don't need to put in a code to work BT Vision, but probably will have to if you also want it to work your telly (although what it can ask the telly to do is very limited). It defaults to one of the Sony codes.

AJP
Aspiring Expert
AJP

[ Edited ]

Funnily enough I've just taken my (white) remote apart tonight to clean it after the Select button stopped working. Seem to recall there was a thread on here a few weeks back that detailed how to do it. The aim is to dismantle it enough so that you can cllean the button contact points on the circuit board and the backs of the buttons themselves. Removing the batteries is the first step. Now on my white remote there is a screw under the battery cover which once removed allows you to unclip the back of the remote from the front (not from the white plastic button surround but from the grey bit that sits underneath it. I used a thin blade to ease the rear casing away from the clips on the front bit - you have to ease it away 'sideways' if that makes sense. There are four clips on each side. Once inside there are three further screws that hold the circuit board against the buttons. Trouble is that all these screws have a funny head on them which might be a small torx but nothing I had fitted so I bullied them off with a small phillips. I put mine back together without replacing the screws 'cos no doubt it'll need doing again at some point. Seems to hold together ok.

EDIT: Just noticed when this thread dates from - d'oh.