on 30-08-2012 12h13
On black Box System Information there are two buttpns
- what is the Reset registration for & what impact does it have on stored channels , recordings etc.
Solved! Go to Solution.
on 30-08-2012 12h52
I have absolutely no idea, but I'd strongly suggest you don't press it to find out. I guess we'll have to wait until one of us gets asked to press it by support to answer that one.
on 30-08-2012 13h41
The 'reset registration' is used for problems with the SS activation process
If you get the message "This viewing Card is already linked to another BT Vision+ box". Try the following
1. Remove the Viewing card from the box.
2. Go to the Help and Settings menu and in Settings select System Information. Once there, select the button Reset Registration at the bottom right. After a few seconds it should display "Registration Request completed successfully".
3. Press Exit and select channel 41 (Sky sports1) or channel 34 (ESPN).
4. Insert the Viewing card back in the box (with the chip facing upwards as before).
If these steps don't work, please contact us on 08001114567
I don't know if it serves anything else.
on 30-08-2012 20h04
To add to my above reply, I've just found another reason for the reset registration