Aspiring Contributor
garthfletcher
Accepted Solution

SKY Sports

[ Edited ]

My Programme Guide clearly shows Sky Sports 1 and 2, along with the associated programme data.  (I assume that this means that I can view these programmes, given that I have the activated vision sports card? My postcode indicates that these may not be available. (I can view Sky Three, Dave, Film4 etc)

I am currently struggling and unable to activate Sky Sports 1 and2, although I have been watching ESPN on the box for years.

The EPG on other (ie not BT Vision) sets also shows the Sky Sports programme as being available. 

Expert
Guyincognito76

Re: SKY Sports

Can you check the signal strength on those channels?

BT supplies the data for the EPG, so that's no indication.
Expert
Guyincognito76

Settings > TV Settings > DTT Signal Strength
Aspiring Contributor
garthfletcher

EPG on  other (Sony) sets on same aerial  also show Sky Sports. Signal strength on these is v. good.

Aspiring Contributor
garthfletcher

No joy after >24H so contacted helpline, waited for advisor who activated my card whilst I operated the TV/Vision box. Do not know why the card was not done automatically - but now all seeems to be fine. Thanks to all who tried to help!

Guru
stuartrogerson

Why? Because for some bizarre reason in enters a 48 hour automatic set up.

Phoning allows them to bypass the system and get it running.

It sounds a crazy system to me but there you are that's how it is done - I hope there is a reasonable technical explanation for this but I have never heard it.

Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits