Aspiring Contributor
mootanclan

Viewing card for Sky Sports/ESPN

[ Edited ]

Has anyone had there new card yet my new vision box turned up yesterday but no card anyone else had there's yet.

i have now found out that you can use the same card for all but when you are on channel 41/42 it says to activate your card and wait an hour i take it this will happen on the 1st can anyone from bt confirm this

Contributor
jatmister

Re: Viewing card for Sky Sports/ESPN

i got told i dont need a new card, they just use my old setanta card for espn and sky sports

Beginner
Griff

I signed up for the SkySports channels on Monday and was told the same - that they would just use the ESPN card already provided.

However, I do have a sneaky feeling that come 1st August everyone may have a mad pannick to re-activate their cards for the new channels.

Aspiring Contributor
Theo_Cupier

I received my new viewing card today for Sky Sports 1, 2 & ESPN

I've inserted the card into my Vision box but get a message saying "Viewing Card Slot not activated".

Is this just the message that appears until the card activates, or is this something to do with the Vision box card slot itself?

Any idea what needs to be done to correct this?

Aspiring Expert
andyf941

[ Edited ]

Nothing to worry about guys, if you tune into one of those channels with your card inserted and press info you'll see the message that tells you not to worry about the 'card is not activated' or whatever the message is, Sky Sports aren't being broadcast until the 1st August. 

On the other hand, if you've subscribed to ESPN as well, but can't see that channel now, then it might be worth giving them a ring

Aspiring Contributor
Theo_Cupier

[ Edited ]

Managed to get that issue sorted by doing a power cycle of the Vision box - it did some kind of update to the box and then recognised I had inserted a card.

I've now had it tuned to ESPN for well over an hour and it just keeps showing the message about how to insert the viewing card and telling me to check the help if it hasn't activated within an hour. Same message appears on BT1 & BT 2.

Time to call?

Aspiring Expert
andyf941

Theo_Cupier wrote:

Managed to get that issue sorted by doing a power cycle of the Vision box - it did some kind of update to the box and then recognised I had inserted a card.

I've now had it tuned to ESPN for well over an hour and it just keeps showing the message about how to insert the viewing card and telling me to check the help if it hasn't activated within an hour. Same message appears on BT1 & BT 2.

Time to call?

I think it can take a couple of hours for ESPN to come online once the card has been recognised, so you could give it a while.  If it hasn't come on by tomorrow I'd definately call.

RonGreensward

If you cannot get ESPN even after reactivating old card/or activating new card they may have taken ESPN off your account. I suddenly lost ESPN on both old card and new card both "recognised" but then told to insert the card in the slot! Just rang them and ESPN had been removed from my account when I ordered Sky Sports. No idea why as it was included in old package and is free in new package!

If you think this may have happened with you you have to call them to get ESPN back on the account.

Aspiring Contributor
SillyChip

I'm fast losing the will now regarding getting ESPN in my household.

To date, I have had a 1 hour conversation with BT's technical support team in India.  To be fair to them, I was called back when I got cut off...that is a first regarding any call centre, I was impressed.

I have had 2 viewing cards but still can't get ESPN.  Have been through all manner of power ups and other tests.   I have no problems accessing any other Freeview channels i.e. I have good quality signals for the MUX channels.  My current DTT ESPN signal strength is 53%, Signal Quality 100%.

Does anyone have any encouragement for me?  I'll get back in contact with BT's technical team but I'm running out of faith.

Cheers everyone!  Hopefully will have ESPN before MNF starts.

Aspiring Contributor
Cliff

I received the message,card recognised,then nothing apart from the messages,please insert card & check the website after an hour.I let it run for 2 hours & nothing.

i 'phoned the help line & after being asked if i'd inserted the card the correct way & various other scripted things.i was given a day for an engineer to come out to me.

I've just tried my old setanta card,which i carried on using with espn & after about 10 mins. it worked & the football was showing on espn.

Very odd & annoying because the broadband & vision box went like clockwork.I'm wondering now if there is some sort of issue & nothing will work until 1/8/10.

Anyone know if anyone has actually got espn working with the new card.