Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Taz

Vision + box frozen

My plus box has decided to freeze on the demand/Bt vision screen and is self scanning through the search, my vision, catch up etc etc and won't respond with the remote or the buttons on the box! I've tried to restart by holding down the mains button on the box, turned it off by the mains, unplugged it from the back of the box, started it up holding the ok and down button but neither have worked! Help desk tried a restart from their end with no joy, now say it will take "the back office" 48 hrs to fix it at their end!
Any ideas??
Guru

Re: Vision + box frozen

[ Edited ]

Is the blue remote access light flashing on the front of the box? If so it could be a fault in the remote, so take the batteries out. If not it sounds like a stuck button on the front of the box. Is it scanning up or down? Give whichever button on the box corresponds to that a bit of a wiggle to see if it loosens it.

Taz

The blue light is static, flashes blue when you press a button on the remote and on the box!
As for the scanning it's going up over, when you press down it goes down whilst pressing and once it's released it then starts scanning upwards again!
Batteries have been out and no change there either!
Guru

Sounds like the ^ button on the front of the box is stuck.