SirTrevor

Watch BT Vision through my computer

Hi

First time messager so please be gentle!

As BT Vision is delivered through broadband and I have a tv receiver in my computer is it possible for me to watch BT Vision through my computer?

I am going this route through frustration that there is no multi room possibilities with BTV yet. Is this planned?

Thanks.

ST

Expert
Guyincognito76

Re: Watch BT Vision through my computer

Nope.

I can't see this second box problem being sorted in the near future either :s
SirTrevor

Is that 'Nope' to watching thru the computer, multi room or both?

Somebody at BT told me that multi room would happen but could not say when.

Expert
Guyincognito76

Both. I don't know if Slingbox works.

It won't happen with the current box, who knows what will happen with the new YouView box, if anything.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

[ Edited ]

With my Slingbox Classic, I can stream the output from the BT Vision SCART, and control the VBOX from a software interface on my computer. It displays a picture of the remote control, and I can click on it with my mouse.

The Slingbox has its own "magic eye" which you put near the VBOX IR receiver.

Streaming rate is a maximum of 1.5mb, but fine for a PC.

I can access it from anywhere there is a broadband connection, and it automatically adjusts the bit rate. Usually achieves about 500 kb over the Internet.

If I forget to program a recording, it can be done from anywhere on my laptop and a broadband connection.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.