Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
Accepted Solution

do i need a new hub ?

I have had one problem after another trying to get bt sport on and also the extra 18 channels. Must have spent over 10 hours this n last week being told various storys why im not recieving anything but freeview on my tv. After half a dozen wrong guesses they now have the cheek to make me pay to upgrade my hhub2 just so i can get you view. Im unconvinced that is the problem,,reason i think this is because the way ive been treated after waiting hoursfor the answer. I feel fobbed off each time. So can someone plz tell me do i need this upgrade hub or not ? Ive looked on bt.com it doesnt say so in any of the help so whats going on ? Im at my wits end with it all. Also bbspeed is always above 40mb down so that not an issue i wouldt thn
Beginner

Re: do i need a new hub ?

Forcing resynch gives me error VMC038 in the CAnetwork settings tried over few hours all same not connected it says.... i have home hub 2 . All challels blank. The xtra channels were due to come on tues. Tues evening channels appeared in tv list but all blank no signal. Any ideas..they said they would send 10m cable but that never materialized...pathetic
Highlighted
Recognised Expert

I think the HH is your problem. Ideally the HH 3 or 4 should be used for the multicast channels.

Recognised Expert

did you already have Infinity? They should supply the latest hub if you ordered Infinity as well.
Guru

What Hub do you have.
What Vision Box do you have?
What Vision package do you have?
What broadband/Infinity do you have?
Expert

StewM wrote:
What Hub do you have.
What Vision Box do you have?
What Vision package do you have?
What broadband/Infinity do you have?

His post cllearly states he has the Home Hub 2. 

Guru

Quite correct. Missed that.
Beginner

I have home hub 2
I have bt infinity option 2 D.load speed is always over 40mb/s
Have bt vision box the one with square button.
Wired direct to hub with ethernet cable.

Hope this helps. Thankyou very much.

Hope this helps.
Beginner

Beginner

Oops sorry i also have opted in for the extra 18 channels and the free sport. I get blank screen on all of the extra channels yet it tells me whats on. Just cant view it... i.e. if i go to 508 it says 508 bt sport 2 but screen is black.
Ive found the whole experience very stressful. And now they want more money for upgrading hub. Ive been a customer over 12 mths and all that time i was paying extra as my phone,tv,and infinity 2 were all charged seperate. I must have paid around £120 more than i should if they were bundled. Yet they still want 35 for a better hub. I have lost all trust with bt.