Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

lost all freeview channels

Hi all

Overnight Sat, I lost all freeview channels from Vision Box (and TV). Rescanned TV - channels found OK. Not so with Vision box.

All connections unchanged, no aerial isues (as said, TV scanned, also old DVD/Freeview box scanned channels OK).

Tried unplugging aerial, scanning, re-connecting aerial and scanning; no joy.  Tried factory reset to no avail. When I select "TV Guide, all the broadband channels are listed, & the "VFR104 - you need to scan for channels" message displays. Contacted C/S, the agent advised all the things I had already done. Still unable to obtain freeview channels. Can anyone assist, please?

Aspiring Contributor

Re: lost all freeview channels

Got exactly the same thing a few days back, didn't realise it was BTVision box at the time as i'd had aerial problems before. I now realise it was as TV tuning is fine on it's own.

The bad news is the channels never came back on BTV, instead the box decided to download an Update Tool or something like that and is now stuck with a VDR370 harddisk error and factory reset doesn't do a thing... It is knackered.

The good news?... sorry, i don't have any

Aspiring Contributor

"now stuck with a VDR370 harddisk error and factory reset doesn't do a thing... It is knackered".

hmm, now I'm really worried - but cheers for taking time to reply !

Aspiring Contributor

Had to ring customer service.. eventually, after going through all the usual reset your hub, reset your box (holding down & left arrows while putting power cord back in the back) gubbings they have decided to send an engineer out. Think it'll be a new box for me.

Might be worth trying the reset if you haven't already, hopefully i had two separate issues and you have just one.

You would lose all your recordings if you do it though.

Maybe it's just me being cynical but i can't help thinking the timing of the problems might be something to do with bt sport going live...

Aspiring Contributor

Hi - resurrecting this thread in vain hope of any advice - moved house since original post, so new aerial. Same problem remains - TV scans freeview channels fine, BT Vision box no go. Again tried resets (inc factory), scan without aerial/with aerial etc, but to no avail.  Is this definitely a faulty box?  I need to be able to record freeview, so will have to go down the "phone cust services" route.  Sigh  . . . . .

Hi DB54,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

DavidM | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Contributor

Thanks for your attention, David - have done as you suggest

Beginner

We are having the same problem, can I send you our details David?

Hi Katec1983

Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile you will find it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

StuartH | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Contributor

Got message from mod (thanks). Contacted helpdesk (again!), but was just advised to do all that I had already done, including the power off/on whilst pressing "OK" & "down arrow". Was then told next level "Technical Support" would contact me, which they did today via txt message , advising me to scan without aerial, then with aerial. Have already tried this (and have told advisors several times I have done so); nevertheless tried and failed again. The txt message told me that if this scan failed, wd be a freeview signal issue. I don't see how it can be, as my TV scans without problem,old digibox also ok, have tried 2 aerials (old house and new house), and the Vision box scanned the freeview channels fine when I received it in May. IT JUST WON'T SCAN THEM EVER SINCE THEY DISAPPEARED ! Which makes me believe the box is faulty. All I want is to receive and record freeview !! 

It's so tiresome having to repeat this ad infinitum . . . . .

Once again, thanks to the mods for attention.

Regards