Beginner
dee250403

on demand catch up problem

After being a loyal bt phone, vision and broadband customer for many years, i was disgusted yesterday when i rang to find out why i can no longer watch catch up TV on demand, after a good 90 minutes of infuriating drivel with 3 different members of staff, the manager i spoke to (who personally prefers sky) explained that nothing was wrong, so nothing could be done and it would be a waste of time to send an engineer out.

All the time we've had bt vision, if we wanted to watch a tv programme from the previous day or week, its not been a problem - get the remote, go to "on demand" onto ''tv'' press the blue button, and type in the tv programme you would like to watch. Simple! (although it was far from simple when i was explaining it to the bt vision staff).

Now all that i can get are cartoons, music and 1 min trailers, we found new tricks on BBC I-Player last night, but felt the picture quality was not as good and of course its only got bbc programmes, we've had no error messages, we've plugged it out and in again, as you do, and we can still watch vision films on demand.

Just totally baffled!!!!! Paying for something we're not getting and BT don't seem interested!!!! Can anyone please help!!!

Guru
guilbo

Re: on demand catch up problem

Exact symptoms would be nice.

Expert
masona2

Yes,

What package are you on? Vision Gold? Pay As You Go? And what exactly happens when you access Replay TV?

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Beginner
dee250403

We are on the Gold package.

If i go to replay or demand and type in the programme i wish to view from the last seven days, eg. The Hour. All that comes on the screen is next tues, thurs and the following tues episodes and if i would like to record them, i can't catch up with last episode, and this is the same with new tricks, my family, sherlock, sugartown etc etc, none of them should be out of date yet as a week has not gone by. We've had this product for several years, we know how it works, there was no problem when we were on the bronze package which we upgraded from two months ago, and we hadn't noticed any problem with this package until monday

Expert
Guyincognito76

Urm? As those are all BBC programmes then you are going to have to view them on iPlayer. This is the Beebs doing, not BT.

Is this the entire problem or can you not view C4 etc. either?
Beginner
dee250403

Hi. Thanks for your help.

It seems a bit hit and miss. Just tried several programmes and Channels. The Royal on ITV, which was fine.

Sirens on Channel 4 - this was fine.

camelot on Channel 4 - We can't get this

Channel 5  - Could get the Removals Men.

We know that we can get BBC programmes on the I-Player, but do you know why we can no longer get BBC programmes on Demand? 

Expert
Guyincognito76

[ Edited ]

The BBC only want their content delivered through iPlayer, BBC catch-up has ceased to be. You can no longer access any BBC programming through anything other than iPlayer.

I have noticed that C4 don't make a lot of their US imports available on 4OD via BT, but you can access them through 4OD online.

You've just got to adapt your viewing, and utilise series-link.

Expert
masona2

Guyincognito76 wrote:
The BBC only want their content delivered through iPlayer, BBC catch-up has seized to be. You can no linger access any BBC programming through anything other than iPlayer.

I have noticed that C4 don't make a lot of their US imports available on 4OD via BT, but you can access them through 4OD online.

You've just got to adapt your viewing, and utilise series-link.

I Agree.

BBC replay no longer exists. BBC On Demand content is now only accessable on the BBC iPlayer.

As for the other programmes you have tried to access, you need to check if they are available.

Hope that helps.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Beginner
dee250403

Thanks Guyincognito76

Why BT Vision could'nt tell me this in the 90 minutes i was explaining and re-explaining my problem on the phone i don't know. It just seemed they did'nt have any knowledge about their own product and did'nt really care. They did'nt even mention anything about the iPlayer. Once again thank you very much.