Contributor
Firepool
Accepted Solution

"Freeview signal poor quality or too low level"

Getting this message from BT Vision on many digital channels.   Clearly it is not true as I can get same channels through normal Freeview (Sky excepted, of course).  We have had a channel update so retuned Freeview (South-West England) which worked fine, why not BT Vision?  The bottom line is that I am not getting Sky Sports at all.  I am paying but not getting.  Sort it out now.

Aspiring Expert
AlunH

Re: "Freeview signal poor quality or too low level"

Can I suggest you try the fix mentioned in the sticky HERE  Whilst it states it's for SCART issues, mine is on HDMI and it did seem to fix the issue.

Cheers
Alun

"Can a leopard change it's shorts?" - T Prattchet
Contributor
Firepool

Thanks AlunH, already tried that a couple of times with no result.  To say "we are working really hard..." is unacceptable.   It shouldn't happen at all.  I am not getting the service I have paid for. 

Aspiring Expert
AlunH

In which case it may be some other issue.  Check the usual suspects if you haven't already (aerial connections etc).  Also it's worth checking this site to see what sort of power your transmitter is on UKFree.tv as when they did DSO up here some MUXes ran on reduced power for a while which meant I couldn't get them on BTVision... you might get them on your normal TV but the BTVision box runs 2 Tuners so requires a better/stronger signal.

Failing all that, dropping the mods a line would be a good move so they can look into it for you.

Cheers
Alun

Contributor
Firepool

Thanks again AlunH.  Yes have checked connections, the rest isn't appropriate as I (a mere paying customer) see it.  Things should work, without me having to bother with transmitters etc.  Did you get a refund for the period when you couldn't get what BT contracted to provide?

I take it that the mods read this.

Distinguished Guru
DS

If I may....?

Yes the mods do read all these threads, eventually. But if the Signal is low, you could try unplugging the aerial lead from the box to the TV (if fitted), unplug the aerial lead serving the box and rescan for channels.

Obviously nothing will be found, but this will clear the box. Then plug the main aerial lead back in, NOT the aerial lead from the box to TV and rescan for channels. Does it now find them without the low signal warning?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Expert
djh22

[ Edited ]

Don't 'spose your signal comes from Huntshaw cross does it ? I've had "bad or no signal" on my Humax pvr frequently today, specially the BBC mux on Ch 46.

Del.

Aspiring Expert
AlunH

No refund, as BT aren't responsible for the freeview transmission side of things. I also don't pay any subs.

Whilst there may be a fault with the Vision box, it really does seem to be some sort of signal issue. Dels suggestion is a good one... I'd try that, then as I said, drop the miss a line, hopefully they can look into it in more detail, and you may be able to do something about the Sky Sports sub.

Cheers
Alun
Aspiring Expert
AlunH

Rats, can't edit on phone, I meant DS's suggestion!
Distinguished Guru
DS

No worries Billybob III, at least there was a D and an S in your reply:smileyvery-happy:

-+-No longer a forum member-+-