Beginner
glassback

"Freeview signal poor quality or too low level"

Can somebody explain...& please no-one from the subcontinent "working" for BT...why I'm getting this message on a number of channels when the greater majority, including Sky, are crystal clear.

I moved last October & had received an e-mail from BT telling me how many channels, good reception, etc...then this...no BBC channels amongst others with this message...annoyingly we ahve aTV in the next room that picks up all the Freeview channels...

...& yes I've checked all the leads...& yes we do have those 2 power-plug-things with all lights green...

Distinguished Guru
DS

Re: "Freeview signal poor quality or too low level"

Hi glassback and welcome

Been there:smileysad:

Try installing the box in the other room using that aerial connection, any better or worse?

Does your property have more than one aerial?

Any splitters and/or boosters used?

The powerline adapters (PLA's) have no bearing on the freeview reception

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

BT Vision boxes are pickier than most TVs when it comes to signal strength.  So a signal that's good enough for a TV (with a single tuner) may not be good enough for a Vision box with 2 tuners.

An aerial amplifier might make it better, or might make it worse, it's hard to tell without trying it.

Is your aerial any good?

Expert
masona2

[ Edited ]

Ectophile wrote:

BT Vision boxes are pickier than most TVs when it comes to signal strength.  So a signal that's good enough for a TV (with a single tuner) may not be good enough for a Vision box with 2 tuners.

An aerial amplifier might make it better, or might make it worse, it's hard to tell without trying it.

Is your aerial any good?

Sorry to post this Ectophile... but hows he supposed to know?

OP - how old is your aerial? Has your area gone through Digital Switchover (DSO)? And are your cables in a good state of repair? And the questions from DS are relevant too.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Contributor
Firepool

This seems to happen after the Freeview channels have been reconfigured, perhaps because new channels come on line.

Try disconnecting the BVision box from the mains, leave for an hour or so, then plug in again and restart.

Worked for me.