aid2action

why cant i wantch bt vision online ?

hi

seems weird i cannot watch bt vision on my laptop,you provide my braodband my phone line ,why cant i use my wifi pc to watch programs and stuff or when i travel access my tv vision etc

Surely this should be the right way

or have i got it wrong

j

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: why cant i wantch bt vision online ?

[ Edited ]

This is a customer to customer forum, so you won`t get an answer from BT to that type of question.

The only way to watch and control BT Vision from another location or device, is to use 3rd party hardware like a Slingbox.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Expert
Guyincognito76

[ Edited ]
Tvcatchup allows you to watch Freeview online and all the catch-up, like 4OD, are obviously online.
Guru
guilbo

[ Edited ]

The system is not designed to send video on demand to anything other than the Vbox.

Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

A can't see any technical reason why they couldn't provide BT Vision by computer in the home, but they would have issues with the copyright holders of the programs, as they can be very wary of anything that would allow the content to be copied.

Outside the home, there would be additional issues.  BT Vision uses QoS (quality of service) rather than lots of buffering to ensure that the video streams smoothly.  This wouldn't be possible without a BT line and a compatible router.

But, ultimately, it's the content owners who control what BT can offer, not BT themselves.  If they say "no", then there's nothing BT can do about it.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

guilbo wrote:

The system is not designed to send video on demand to anything other than the Vbox.

Oddly enough, the Slingbox Classic that I have, works fine with on-demand stuff. I expect some of the later models may have hardware to stop it.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.