Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

wireless range homehub2

can anyone help, i am trying to connect my wireless enabled tv to the internet via the homehub 2, the tv is less than 5o feet away but there is a 6 inch brick wall in the way, i have tried a plug in usb signal booster but the signal strength on the tv wasnt strong enough

Distinguished Guru

Re: wireless range homehub2

Hi sh123 and welcome

Do you have a wifi enabled laptop?

If so download inSSIDer - http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ - and run it next to the TV.

Check the signal strength and also check if any other hubs/routers are also on the same channel.

If there are any, move your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel - done via the hub manager

See if the TV now works....

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Guru

I assume you have BT Vision since you have posted this here. If so does your Internet TV have an Ethernet port? If it does then a simple Ethernet splitter will allow you to connect your TV and BT Vision box via the comtrend power adapter
Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits
Expert

You could change the wireless interface to 802.11b/g (This should make the connection more stable) with it based on channel 4 or 7 which are usually the least congested ones.

You might find the Hub 3 a good investment at £47 if you want to buy outright or free if you recontract to BT Broadband for 12 months or more, I have the Hub 3 and it has the best wireless range of any router I have used before and it saves all of the hassle of faffing around with channel selection/ transmission speeds as it does it all automatically and monitors 24/7.

Expert

Splitting the ethernet connection is always an option and splitters can be picked up for a few quid at Screwfix.