cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevef1964
Message 1 of 6

Ability to Track Complaints in MyBT

Why is there no specific area within your "My BT" space to manage and look at progress of your complaints?

BT seem to have a habit of making certain topics or info very difficult to get access to.

I get the impression they do not want you to.

Unless someone knows different! 

5 REPLIES 5
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ability to Track Complaints in MyBT

What is it you're looking to track ? once a complaint is raised you'll be emailed (unless your preferences are letter) an acknowledgment and the complaint reference number which starts VOL, when you raised the complaint you would of been given a lead time, usually 5 working days unless the complaint needs complex investigations.

Periodically you'll be sent an update to confirm the complaint is still open, your complaint handler will then keep you updated, you won't be able to see anything going on in the background, so there isn't anything to track really.

Once you make contact you'll be able to get a clear picture of what the lead time is, again this will vary depending on what the complaint is about and what action is needed to resolve.

Stevef1964
Message 3 of 6

Richie,
Thanks for your reply, but it is the type of reply I would expect.

Your reply is typical BT in respect to "Why does the customer want or need to know? We'll tell them when we need to."

Read your reply again and you'll see.

The customer wants to know because they have a complaint. They are paying the bill and want to be kept up to date because they are not getting what they paid for.

In these days of easy quick access why does the customer have to wait for BT to update them or they have to contact you to find out whats happening with their complaint?
If the customer could see it under a section in MY BT then they could review it whenever they needed to.
It would save the customer having to ring up and sit waiting for someone to deal with their request for an update and the BT person having to deal with it, who could be doing something else.
The customer would only need to call if the complaint wasn't progressing or there was another issue.

When a complaint is made the BT person makes notes right? Why can't those notes be used and appear under the complaint section in MY BT? the customer can see what's been said and any dates without having to call. If you also included when the next update would be due it would also stop them calling up.

You never know it might save BT some time, effort and money, and be seen to be a little more transparent than it is, rather than the massive dinosaur it is still perceived to be.

But hey what do I know. I was only a Project Manager with BT for 31 years!!! 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I guess by your reply that "Complaints" and "How to keep the customer informed" wasn't one of your projects or one you could have suggested during the 31 years you were a Project Manager with BT.

Stevef1964
Message 5 of 6

I wished.

When I started we didn't have the interweb or computers!!

I started as an apprentice being taught from poles and holes to the exchange and then onto business systems for major customers in the UK and overseas. I did also create processes and procedures but not on the sales/complaints side unfortunately.

So I do have a large knowledge and background on how this company works, or doesn't!!!

-Richie-
Expert
Message 6 of 6

@Stevef1964wrote:

Richie,
Thanks for your reply, but it is the type of reply I would expect.

Your reply is typical BT in respect to "Why does the customer want or need to know? We'll tell them when we need to."

Read your reply again and you'll see.

Sorry, I was generally curious as to what you wanted to track, I see now you're looking to see notes and updates without making contact, which I agree is a good idea, my reply wasn't meant to cause offence, text based conversations can read different in your head to how I was replying.