Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SC
Beginner
Message 1 of 27

Go to solution

Hi,

Whatever topic i select in the drop down menu for Avatars i only seem to get the Animal pics, anyone else have this issue?

Also i agree with another post that it take ages to load forum web pages.

But new forum does look good and i like the spell checker option.

SC

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
mr_chuck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 27

Re: Avatar Pic Issue?

Go to solution

I thought that as well but I think it is the Forum being slow, give it a few seconds and try again as I had a guitar as my avatar and I had a look though all of them and went with the speaker.

SC
Beginner
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution
I waited a good 5 mins each time i changed topic before selecting another one and still only get the animal pics. I'll try another laptop later and see if it's just this maching i'm using causing the issue, thanks for the reply. SC
Community Manager - Retired
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

Let us know how you get on. Also what browser are you using when this fault occurs?

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

SC
Beginner
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

Hi Kerry,

I'm using IE7 ( On work laptop connecting via a VPN, guess who i work for....Smiley Wink ). I've tried closing the browser and opening a new one, still just get the animal pics.

I will try later on home laptop and see if it solves it, i'll post later with my results.

Also i can't see a option to load our own Avatar pic, can this be done at all?

SC

DragonKhan
Contributor
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

Hi SC

When you select what type of avatar you want just hit the enter key a few times lol it will come up, ihad the same problems.

DK

SC
Beginner
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

Hi Kerry, DK,

DK was right, if i change the topic of the Avatar i get the progress bar at the bottom of the webpage saying it's done but the pics aren't updated. If i then hit the enter key the pics do indeed change. I guess this is a bug / fault, but i'm not sure if it's at my end on my hardware or at BT's end on the webpage, i guess i will leave this with the mods to investigate if they so wish.

Thanks again DK!

Sam

Community Manager - Retired
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks for the info. We are looking into it.

Also, the option to upload your own avatar pic will be allowed as privilege further up our ranking structure.  More details on this coming soon.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

DavidGrieve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution
The option to upload your own avatar needs to be added asap- sorry, but the options available just now look like something Jackson Pollock has chucked out.....
Pasha_Selim
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

@KerryG wrote:

Also, the option to upload your own avatar pic will be allowed as privilege further up our ranking structure.  More details on this coming soon.

Any news on this please Kerry? Some of us are quite grown-up you know Smiley Wink

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Value Added Guest (Inspiring Not Aspiring)
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)