cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Community Website problems

Problems with the BT Community Website :
1) Performing a search and clicking on a hit takes one to the first message of a thread - quite useless if the thread runs over many pages. 
2) On the Community activity page, clicking on Load More often results in  no further messages being loaded. I'm running Windows 10 20H2 and have tried the Chrome, Opera and Edge browsers with the same result.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Community Website problems

Good morning @GeoffSmith,

Thanks for the feedback 😁

When you click on a thread from the search results it is designed to take you to the first post of the thread, as you have found.  It behaves like this so that one can read what the thread is about before deciding if the thread matches the issue or question one might have, or is it unrelated.  If the thread that you have clicked on has been solved then on the first post you will find an option that will take you straight to the post which holds the answer.  This allows you to skip all post except for the one that contains the solution, pretty handy for long threads.  I appreciate that we have some huge threads on the Community so it can be quite difficult to read all the info that has been shared, especially if no solution has been found.

Regarding your second point about the 'Load more' option on the Community activity page not actually loading any more content.  Thank you for sharing this, just last week I raised a support ticket to our vendors to investigate this very issue as I myself experienced this.  They could not find a fault but it seems to have cleared itself.  I have tested this morning and the 'load more' option appears to be working for me on Google Chrome and MS Edge.

If you continue to experience this please drop me a reply and let me know what device and what browser you are using and I will reopen the support ticket to have this looked into.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

@SeanDwrote:
I appreciate that we have some huge threads on the Community so it can be quite difficult to read all the info that has been shared, especially if no solution has been found.

Regarding your second point about the 'Load more' option on the Community activity page not actually loading any more content.  Thank you for sharing this, just last week I raised a support ticket to our vendors to investigate this very issue as I myself experienced this.  They could not find a fault but it seems to have cleared itself.  I have tested this morning and the 'load more' option appears to be working for me on Google Chrome and MS Edge.

If you continue to experience this please drop me a reply and let me know what device and what browser you are using and I will reopen the support ticket to have this looked into.

An option to search within thread would be useful.

It's only working intermittently for me.   PC with OS and browsers as per my original post

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I too was experiencing the "Load More" not working problem - I'm using Firefox 86 on Linux Mint 20.1. However, it seems to be working for me too now.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

The Load More problem still exists, for me anyway. Using an iMac on Big Sur with Safari, Firefox and Chrome. If I log in the problem goes away.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I have the same problem, but only when browsing the forum when I am not logged in.

As soon as I log in the problem resolves itself. If I log out the problem immediately reappears.

I'm using Firefox 85.0 on Linux Mint.

Just tried it on a Windows PC using both Firefox and IE. Same result.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 7 of 10

Thanks to everyone who has commented 😁

I have raised the issue with our vendor again to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I'm also getting this problem on Windows 10 v20H2 with Edge v88.0.705.81, Firefox v86.0 & Chrome v88.0.4324.190 and on my Android 10 phone with Edge v46.01.4.5140. 

I find it very erratic as sometimes it works, other times it works for 2 or 3 pages and then stops or like yesterday when I couldn't get pass the first page at all.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

#grahamm1 I can confirm it works when I'm logged in.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi

Not sure where to report that on the main landing page https://community.bt.com/ the "Load More" button has stopped working again! Tim
PS Using Firefox 86.0 (64 bit)

0 Ratings