cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 30

Re: BT Customers cannot access my website

@-Richie-wrote:

and now it works again, I doubt it's DNS related as DNS changes have to propagate, It sounds like a routing issue or server fault.
Your hosting company should be investigating, ask them to contact the data center as there will be peering/transit agreeements in place, ask them to check the server as well, it might be just your server or it could be the entire rack.

I don't believe it's their issue, as I said - I can't access it unless I change to google DNS.

The following post that relates to the issue I linked earlier may have some relevance. It may not be the same cause, but it's a place to start for the moderators :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Potentially-Blocked-site/m-p/1947089#M163823

scotty501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 30

I agree - If I use a proxy or jump off the BT network - then it is reachable.  It is only on BT that there is a problem reaching the site. 

I can even get the traceroute to complete - but not the site to display.

It comes and goes - but more often it is off.

scotty501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 30

So how does anyone go about getting BT to investigate? 

Is there a formal route as these forums don’t appear to have the desired outcome. 

Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 30

@scotty501wrote:

So how does anyone go about getting BT to investigate? 

Is there a formal route as these forums don’t appear to have the desired outcome. 

Hopefully a moderator will see this thread and then get the problen checked (as I said, similar to the guitar.com issue a few months back - so should be a little easier to investigate if the problem is the same)

scotty501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 30

Thanks @Andy_N  - I did read trough the thread you had posted, and it seemed the fix was all on BT's side and nothing the client could do.  I will keep bumping this thread every few days until it is seen by those with the power!

TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 30

I thought I'd just try the link in the first post.

I use an Asus DSL-AC68U modem/router that runs Trend Micro protection software. Trend won't let me access it as they say it contains malware.

Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 30

@TimCurtiswrote:

I thought I'd just try the link in the first post.

I use an Asus DSL-AC68U modem/router that runs Trend Micro protection software. Trend won't let me access it as they say it contains malware.

The problem is a DNS issue, since access is fine with google dns. What did TM actually say? Can you try setting google dns in your connection (IPv4) properties and see what happens?

TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 30

@Andy_N 

I actually normally use OpenDns and switching to Google's DNS gives the same result as the image shows.

trend.jpg

scotty501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 30

I am 99.9 certain that it is a false positive.  I have scanned the site (as server admin) and it comes back clean.  I have sent a request to Trend to amend/adjust or confirm.

However, it is certainly a DNS issue.  If I come off the BT network and use any other ISP or DNS it works, admitted  I don't use Trend.

TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 30

@scotty501 

All I was doing was just checking the access like others have done & this came up which I thought worthwhile mentioning.

Could it be that BT's DNS servers do something similar to Trend?