Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 30

Re: BT Customers cannot access my website

@TimCurtiswrote:

@scotty501 

All I was doing was just checking the access like others have done & this came up which I thought worthwhile mentioning.

Could it be that BT's DNS servers do something similar to Trend?

It's certainly a fair point! Though I would expect the message to say something else rather than website can't be found.

I use various tools (e.g. sam spade), and the site isn't even reachable to return an IP address (for me anyway).

The weird thing is that the BT (Barefruit) system that gives the result even lists the website in a search area.

Message 22 of 30

@scotty501 wrote:

Recently BT broadband customers could not access a website www.castlehillquilters.org.uk When I get them to use cellular connection or if they go to a non BT ISP they can access the website fine.

If I perform a tracert the traffic never hits the server, it fails at BT.  Anyone help or point me in the right direction?  There are other websites on the same server (so same IP) that work OK. 

Interestingly, I could not register on these boards as no email to confirm my account would be received until I used an email account which is not on the same server.  Suggestion some kind of comms issue between BT and the server perhaps.

Welcome to the Community @scotty501 and thanks for posting.

Sorry about the problems your customers are having accessing your website from a BT connection.  I have raised this with the relevant team and I will let you know as soon as I know more, it could take a day or two.

Thank's everyone who has tried to get to the bottom of this one.

Matt

scotty501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 30

Thanks @Andy_N - appreciate you taking the time to do that.  

scotty501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 30

Thank you - I look forward to their response.

Message 25 of 30

Hi @scotty501,

Thanks for giving me time to speak to the people in the know.

You should be able to access the site now, if you have any problems can you clear the cache and cookies and then try again?

Maybe @Andy_N and @TimCurtis might want to try and access the site also so that we can test on multiple connections?

Please let me know how you get on?

Matt

Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 30

I can now access the site. I see there are quite a few domains on the IP address, I wonder if access to them all was faulty.

I hope you will tell the forum what the issue was.

scotty501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 30

Success!!

It is now working.

Please share the issue and fix in case others have similar experiences in the future.

@Andy_N- all the other sites on the server have been working normally, so this was a strange one to diagnose.

Message 28 of 30

@scotty501 wrote:

Success!!

It is now working.

Please share the issue and fix in case others have similar experiences in the future.

@Andy_N- all the other sites on the server have been working normally, so this was a strange one to diagnose.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you all, I was out of the office for a few days. 

The website was flagged for possibly including harmful malware which resulted in the website being put in a review status until we could investigate. Now that the review has been completed normal access has been resumed. We take our customers internet security very seriously and aim to do everything we can to keep our customers safe online.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this caused both your website users and yourself. 

Matt

Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 30

Flagged by what system? Was it Trend as another poster said?

Why did it work for some and not others?

Why was access gained using other services, and changing to google DNS also enabled access?

Why did the fault come back using the barefruit system saying the site didn't actually exist rather than saying there's a potential issue?

TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 30

@scotty501 

Well Trend is still classifying your website as Dangerous.

Probably as the owner of the website you'd best be in contact with them.