cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Issue

Left my last ISP yesterday to get away from rubbish service to find BT is even worse.

The website from an IT point of view and a common sense point of view is a JOKE.

The community for support is worse than useless their linit wheres me Xbox or can I get a refund on my non sports channels.

Meanwhile my business going down the pan, had to give private mobile number to customers worldwide so now have to get a new number too.

And every time I spend hours on the phone to stop emails and marketing to a corpse in contravension of UK law and the DMA they create many more problems, trying to get the services they cannot provide like incoming calls impossible LIED to by staff blatantly not we will forward your calls tonite but YOUR CALLS ARE BEING FORWARDED ALREADY & I WILL RING YOUR LANDLINE AFTER CALL TO PROVE IT, no call no excuse he messaged my mobile a few minutes before it on my account as a backup contact.

What does one have to do short of going postal to get anything done with BT a customer for 1 day billed ok but 3-4 hours on the phone and all BT have done made things worse.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Issue

I agree
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

@lucan07wrote:

Left my last ISP yesterday to get away from rubbish service to find BT is even worse.

The website from an IT point of view and a common sense point of view is a JOKE.

The community for support is worse than useless their linit wheres me Xbox or can I get a refund on my non sports channels.

Meanwhile my business going down the pan, had to give private mobile number to customers worldwide so now have to get a new number too.

And every time I spend hours on the phone to stop emails and marketing to a corpse in contravension of UK law and the DMA they create many more problems, trying to get the services they cannot provide like incoming calls impossible LIED to by staff blatantly not we will forward your calls tonite but YOUR CALLS ARE BEING FORWARDED ALREADY & I WILL RING YOUR LANDLINE AFTER CALL TO PROVE IT, no call no excuse he messaged my mobile a few minutes before it on my account as a backup contact.

What does one have to do short of going postal to get anything done with BT a customer for 1 day billed ok but 3-4 hours on the phone and all BT have done made things worse.

Just wanted to highlight one part of your feedback, if you are running a business that relies on a "landline" number you should sign up for a Business service.  They come with Service Level Agreements (SLA's) which you have a right to compensation against.  You are using a residential service which does NOT have that level of agreement. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

This is a BT residential Customer to Customer forum. If you are a business user you ned to post on the BT Business forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Like many I am confine because I have a lack of immune system my lock down to date 3years plus 24/7 x 365, its not a business line even if it is a line I also conduct business on because of illness.

It is also my back up for when mobile fails, it is the number my consultants, doctors, phamacists use to contact me on along with all others family, friends and business associates, a number maintained for over 30yrs I believe nearer to 40 and only number distant friends family and contacts will have.

My business problems are no different to any one else working from home, my problem is with incompetence, rudeness and software that I would sack you for if you were a trainee with more than 10minutes experience.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

@lucan07wrote:

Like many I am confine because I have a lack of immune system my lock down to date 3years plus 24/7 x 365, its not a business line even if it is a line I also conduct business on because of illness.

It is also my back up for when mobile fails, it is the number my consultants, doctors, phamacists use to contact me on along with all others family, friends and business associates, a number maintained for over 30yrs I believe nearer to 40 and only number distant friends family and contacts will have.

My business problems are no different to any one else working from home, my problem is with incompetence, rudeness and software that I would sack you for if you were a trainee with more than 10minutes experience.

I am bowing out of any further replies, suffice to say,  I wish you all the luck in the world. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

Illness is no excuse for sheer bad manners!

I find it very ironic that you take to the BT community website to irrationally rant about the uselessness of said website.

Personally I found your first post very hard reading and gave up trying to understand it when I failed to make any sense of the bit that read "The community for support is worse than useless their linit wheres me Xbox or can I get a refund on my non sports channels"

Quite frankly, if you are going to be so ungrateful as to have a go at people who are freely and voluntarily giving up their own time to try and help you then you don't deserve any help.

I hope your customer liaison is vastly better than your manners otherwise your business will suffer. 

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

Many years ago I had a work mate who moved house many times in a very short space of time, claiming that each time the neighbours were awful and he had to move because of them , it was pointed out that perhaps it wasn’t the neighbours at all, in your case if you continually move provider because of ‘rubbish’ service perhaps it’s more to do with your perception or unrealistic expectations of a domestic service, you seem to want to use a consumer grade broadband but expect business type service .
There are ISP’s out there that have outstanding levels of support , but charge a premium for it, I suspect that’s what you want , but without actually paying for it, anyone complaining that their business is suffering because of their residential line/broadband will be pointed in the direction of the T&C’s.
I’m not excusing poor service, obviously if something isn’t correct , it needs to be addressed, perhaps you could actually say what your problem is 

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Your little anetdote about roaming pals constantly moving was supposed to mean what , I  was with VM for over 20yrs  so you lost me there, as for your expectations Line tests that CAN NEVER WORK if you are online with BT for which BT will charge you £85 for not running (that is below my expectations)

And customer services that are incompetent & rude  & blatantly lie to me are also below my expectations.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

You sir can take it or leave it my manners are fine I do not deal with fools gladly, but I do say it as it is,  if the truth unpalatable do not bother with my threads  I can promise not to miss the trolls that are neglecting their goats. and thanks for the spell check hitting the character next to the one I aimed for is a disaster I shall go forth and sob unconsoledly for an hour.

Nice to never speak to you again (Recognised Expert)