cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richardflea
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Marketing Communications via Post (Physical Junk Mail, Letters...)

Hello,

We're continuously receiving unwanted BT marketing letters through our letterbox - seems to have gotten worse over the past few months where we're getting them almost weekly.

There's a number on the back of the letters that we're supposed to ring in order to "opt out" of marketing junk mail, but it literally gives you no option for this, and the call centre attendants just don't seem to understand what you're talking about.

Can someone assist in *permanently* removing us from the mailing list for all marketing communications.
It's beyond a joke.

Many thanks,
Richard

6 REPLIES
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Marketing Communications via Post (Physical Junk Mail, Letters...)

If they are addressed to you personally, you can change your marketing preferences by ringing the billing team, give them your account details and that's it, it could take a few weeks before you stop recieving them, I would imagine these things are printed in advance.

If they're not addressed to you then they're mail drops, not sure how to get your address removed, I would imagine BT ask Royal Mail to cover all post codes in your area.

CJT80
Expert
Message 3 of 7

@Richardflea

Maybe have a look at this post? 

Not sure if it maybe of help.

I did used to get flyers through the post, and got them stopped. 

I will see if I can find my post (on here) about it. 

EDIT: Seems I can find it here

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Richardflea we can help get your address removed from the marketing list.  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Richardflea,

I would like you to know that I have sent a request to our marketing team to remove you from our marketing list. This can take up to 1 month to complete.

The Royal Mail have a way of opting out of door to door drops. It's worth checking their site How do I opt out of receiving any leaflets or unaddressed promotional material? before deciding if it's something that you want to pursue.

It's also worth checking the Citizen Advice Bureau's help page for Stop getting junk mail

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
noruci
Message 6 of 7

Hi Neil,

can you please also help me stop getting junk marketing letters from BT ? i'm not able to get in touch with you as written above.

Thank you
Message 7 of 7

@noruci Yes we can help with this, the click here contact the mods link should be visible for you now.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”