cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wideawake
Message 1 of 4

BT OpenReach Scam

Today, I joined the long list of people who have experienced a scam attempt relating to my home Internet.  I received a call from a very Indian sounding 'technician' claiming to be a Peter Wilkinson based at BT Newgate Street, London (!) who had all my personal and PC details.  When I repeatedly refuseed to download software from Anydesk.com (which provides device-to-device connection), he became very irate and eventually slammed the 'phone down, giving the game away.  Beware.

George S. 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
dbrear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT OpenReach Scam

You might like to glance at the posts in 'Possible scam?' for a discussion of this.

LMA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Whatch out for the new email one too claiming they will close your internet service if you dont click the link and login in.

fROM 31397235@btemail.com

Hello,

We're contacting you to tell you that the cost of your service will be changing from 12th May 2018. Even though some of your costs are going up, your package will not alter.

We just need you to log into your account and view the ammendments, as this is part of our terms and condi tions. You maybe required to verify your details before you can accept any changes.

Please read: Failure to login, view and accept the changes, will result in tempοrary suspensiοn of your service.

We're always working to improve our services to you.

Libby Βarr
Managing Directοr,
Custοmer Care

Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

A scam