cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Planner V Sky Planner

Hi everyone, 

Good to talk to you. Have just moved over completely to BT and Now. Can someone please tell me if this BT Planner will be updated to come into line with the excellent Sky Planner, as this let's BT down big time. It was also so easy before to get the Planner on your Apple Tablet and plan what you require. Seems very out dated trying to guide your way round the BT Planner.

Many thanks for any replies 

Take Care

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Planner V Sky Planner

The EPG software is standard across all Youview platforms so it's highly unlikely to be updated to look like the Sky planner. I'd imagine that Sky would also issues with another TV provider copying their EPG layout.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks very much Nigel, for your reply, but I feel this is not a problem to a very good software engineer. You must admit it is very Clunky compared to the Sky Planner and App. It let's the BT pro box down.

Thank you again. 

Take Care.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Leslie1952 

The schedule and options for setting recordings are available on many mobile devices including Apple devices  by using the BT TV app.

So for example on IPad when using the BT TV app you select Live and Schedule.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thank you very much. But I still feel its Clunky compared to Sky.

Thanks very much appreciated. 

Take Care.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Could you be more descriptive on what you mean? And what things are missing or "clunkier"? The graphical design? The speed? The amount of information shown?

Sky call the list of programmes you've recorded their "Planner" (never understood that), whereas on BT/YouView that list is under "Recordings" in the "MyTV" area.

You may be describing the EPG instead though? What both platforms call the Guide? The spreadsheet-like grid of programmes that are on now and upcoming? In which case both are relatively similar? And the smoothness of navigation very much depends on which Sky box you're comparing to which BT box?

Or are you specifically talking about phone and tablet apps rather than the screens on the boxes? The BT app lets you browse an EPG and send recording requests to your box, amongst many other things?

Message 7 of 8

Not much wrong the Youview epg(guide)

So dont know what you are on about @Leslie1952  yes the Youview software could do with a refresh as its  starting to look a little outdated and more apps are needed to come to Youview. Even the full ITVX is not on the Youview box.

Cant comment on the pro box as I don't have that box but the epg(guide) is standard on all Youview boxes.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I think I understand what you are saying @Leslie1952 , although I have also seen plenty of complaints on Sky’s forum about how the EPG doesn’t go backwards at all.

The actual Sky STB OS is the only thing going for it really these days, it’s brighter, more image focused (as many are used to with apps like Netflix), better organised, better maintained and the home page is easier to read. I don’t think it is any quicker though.

Nuggets like the Live TV/Guide rail on BT TV showing channels like BBC4 at 5 PM when it doesn’t even start broadcasting until 7 PM are the kind of things I think Sky do much better. It just shouldn’t be there.

I hope a major refresh is due with the EE rebrand.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED