Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katiemul1992
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT debt collection from PDCS

Hi, can anyone help?

i got a debt collection letter from PostDue credit services for a BT account closed over 6 years ago!

When I moved I closed my account and settled up with BT, I also had all mail redirected for 6 months and never received a bill from BT for an outstanding amount. 

I am bemused that they should contact me at my recently deceased parents address for this £49.69 apparently outstanding balance 

What should I do?

help would be very much appreciated 

5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT debt collection from PDCS

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Katiemul1992
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank you
MVP26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

If the debt is over 6 years old then it's likely to be statue barred (can't issue a CCJ) so not enforceable & they have no powers to make you pay. The letter is just trying to scare you in to paying.

Send the company a prove it letter... bet you never hear from them again.

If you use Clearscore, Experian etc to check you credit rating then see if there's a default on your file from the old BT debt (it drops off you Credit file after 6 years).
Katiemul1992
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your help and quick response.  I will send a ‘prove it’ letter

katie 

Message 6 of 6

Hi @Katiemul1992, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you have received this unexpected demand. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to help you with this.

Cheers
John