cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT ignored letter before claim - breach of preaction protocol

2 weeks ago we sent letter before claim to BT following their despicable, in our opinion, conduct regarding our complaint.

BT simply did not reply to the letter before claim, they breached pre-action protocol and this means we will apply for costs (this is a small claim, but if a party breaches pre-action protocol - costs are claimable). we look for other bT customers who have been deceived about BT compensation for broadband failures - welcome to have support from us (as we have been taking advice) and see BT in court.  

8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT ignored letter before claim - breach of preaction protocol

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 9

Thank you!

Message 4 of 9

Hi @Helenunhappycustomer,

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint. It sounds like you have followed our complaints process. Have you been sent a deadlock letter giving BT's final position? If you have, there will be details on the letter on how you can dispute the outcome.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Message 5 of 9

We have been harrassed by endless telephone calls from BT statt- all in the evenings or on weekends. Every call was in aggressive tone, pushy, rude and the aim of each call, as I believe, was to bully us into not claiming compensation, as there is no point calling the customer repeatedly just to shout "you won't get anything from us".

However, our written complaint by email went ignored, and when we asked for deadlock letter- we were sent a ridiculous piece of fobbing off without any description of the probllem and without statement by BT position regarding compensatio we asked for.  It simply said, if quite humiliating tone -= "you asked us for a deadlock letter - here it is".

I want other BT customers to know, that all BT promises about automatic compensation for non-functional service turned our, in our case, to be a lie, BT won't pay out until a judge directs them to. 

Well, some BT rep. replied to my thread "hoep to see you there" - this attitude pretty much sums up how BT deals with customer complaints - won't do anything until court hearing. Yes, I  look forward to BT having to explain in court, how they promise compensation to customers and then bully those customers into believing that they will never get anything from BT.                       

Message 6 of 9

Ha-ha, details on the letter mention Ombudsman, thank you very much.

How convenient for BT , to delay matters for a couple of years and drain the consumer out. I know about Ombudsman. Court option is much easier, less stressful and truly independent, unlike Ombudsmanwho is  funded by BT and other companies.

Message 7 of 9

Hi @Helenunhappycustomer 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you haven't reached what you feel would be a satifactory outcome to your complaint.  As you have received a deadlock letter this indicates BT's final position.  Regardless of what contact method you use to get in touch, the stage of the complaint you're at would be the same. 

At this point, if you would like to progress your complaint you can use the contact details for the ombudsman on the letter we sent you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Message 8 of 9

Robbie,

Don't pretend that you don't know the difference between a complaint and between a legal document - letter before claim, subject to pre-action protocol. This letter should have been answered to, by either agreeign with the claim, or denyinthis is legal requirement for pre-action protocol. Ignoring a letter before action amounts to breach of pre-action protocol - this is what BT has done, leaving the consumer with no other option but to proceed with the legal claim and issue legal proceedings. I just would likt other BT customers to know what BT practices are - BT ignores complaints, refuse to respond in writing and explain their position, then even breaches pre-action protocol.

Message 9 of 9

Hi @Helenunhappycustomer 

Thank you for posting back!

Having previously reviewed this I can see that your complaint has reached a stage of deadlock.  This means that you have now exhausted our complaints procedure.  We have sent you the contact details for the ombudsman and you can approach them if you remain unhappy.

As we have gave you our final position on the letter we sent you I am now going to lock this thread.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”