Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT landline scams

Hi all

I keep getting calls from foreign people saying from BT and fault with my internet router they sound possibly indian. Does sound a scam and they pretending to be BT.

Yesterday I had call from foreign man claiming to be from BT and today already twice in 1hr and half at 10.37 and 11.54 the 1st time foreign bloke then a lady.

Is there anything can be done about this a way to report it it's getting bit annoying now. I've activated the free BT call protection and added the numbers as black list.

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT landline scams

Been getting the same type of calls the last few days, again sound indian, problems with my broadband, saying they are from BT. Sounds a scam to me as well, put the numbers into the blacklist on my Call Protect service, hope it gets rid of these calls!

Message 3 of 5

Re: BT landline scams

please be aware scam call claiming to be from BT when asked to prove thier ID they hung up I tried to phone them back but the line was dead.

01259994888 please ignore this call or do a bit of roll play with them , but please do not go too far and let them take over your computer

When is BT going to sort this one out!!!!!!!!!

Jtjackyb
Message 4 of 5

Scam

I too am being hounded by people trying to take over my computer. Today my first call was at 7:23am. 

The caller ID was 0161 429 0846. When I tried to call back it was unobtainable. This call is the 7th we have received. Clearly someone has a list of BT customers, and some software that randomly piggybacks onto valid phone numbers.

Scammers don't become less sofisticated so I think it's time BT take some action to protect their customers.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Re: Scam