cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BTID redirects straight to email when logging in

Go to solution

Hello BT Support!

When I click on "My BT" it initially loads onto the homepage of My BT but then gets redirected back to the BT Email page.

I would like to be able to check bills and such but for some reason gets redirected everytime, even on Incognito or In-Private browser.

I've done some Googling and followed some troubleshooting but to no avail.

Any sort of help would be welcomed!

Thank you 🙂

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BTID redirects straight to email when logging in

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @AHRR01

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having logging into your BTID.  I understand you keep being re-directed to your BT mailbox.

Can you reset the password for your BTID first of all? See >> I've forgotten My BT login details <<

Let me know how you get on with this.  If you're no further forward we can pick up from here at that stage.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Hi @RobbieMac

Thank you for your reply!
I've now tried to reset my password for the BTID but unfortunately, I am getting this error/push back. As soon as I clicked "Reset password for MyBT"
"We're sorry you're still having trouble logging in. The best thing to do now is start an online chat with one of our advisors. They’ll be able to help you get back into your account."

My BTID username would be my email address right? just want to make sure that is correct.

Thanks,
Helen
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Your BTID is whatever you set it to be. It has to be in the form of AN email address, but not necessarily a btinternet one.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

According to the moderators this problem only occurs if you're logging into MyBT with a BT email address that hasn't been set up as a BTID. 

The user should ensure that his BTID is the same as his BTMail email address if he is using a BTMail address as his log on to MyBT.