cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulio
Message 1 of 7

Broadband speed upgrade

Hello.

Virgin Media are upgrading there customers speeds for free. when will BT be doing this?

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband speed upgrade

Two totally different systems so I doubt it.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

same time as other ISPs - TT and Sky - don't hold your breath

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

ADSL has pretty much hit the limit.  I can't imagine BT spending any money upgrading it when they're rolling out fibre.

The speeds they currently offer on FTTC fibre are pretty much what VDSL2 offers.  There are trials underway to increase the speed, but they can only do what the technology allows.

FTTP fibre is only available in a very limited number of areas.

beltizar
Message 5 of 7

I have just signed to BT from Virgin Media.  Virgin maybe upping their speeds but they can't provide close to the speed I should be getting right now.  I am on 100mb and sometimes (especially evenings) get LESS than 1mb dl speed.  No equipment issues, no rebooting of the router required as at 6am I will be back to 98mb.  TOTALLY over subscibed

It used to be great up until about 12 months ago when the speed plummetted.

Fstbloke72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I was on the upto 38mb package.  Phoned bt and agreed a new 12 month contract to get up to 52mb service.  Actual speeds have not changed,  so feel hard done by. 

Now being offered upto 72mb, but what's the point of the bt infrastructure can't deliver it?.  I moved from Virgin Media last year where be speeds were consistently over 50mb.  Even my Vodafone 4G mobile phone can deliver 50mb.

Message 7 of 7

I see all these issues raised by scores of people but no answers from BT. Are there ever any answers and if so, where can I find them?

Tags (1)