Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heetunma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Cabinet upgrade to fibre

Hello

Does anyone know when cabinet 68 of from the sky port exchange will be upgraded to fibre? I have asked BT and Openreach numerous times about this, and I am still getting the same response with ‘We are exploring solutions and don’t have a plan for your area yet’. When will it be available? I live literally 5 minutes away from the exchange

11 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Cabinet upgrade to fibre

Only openreach will have that information and you need to keep checking with openreach. At present all I see is your cabinet does not have fibre like many others on your exchange

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
heetunma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks,

I have asked them many times for nearly a year now, yet nobody seems to know the answer. The exchange is fibre enabled. So why aren’t they rolling it out to the cabinets?

Message 4 of 12

It’s not cost effective putting DSLAMS in there due to cost issues with getting Power to them.

The areas planned for FTTP instead.
heetunma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Hello Starwire 2000,

Thank you for your response

Could you please clarify what the term DSLAMS means? And if the area is planned for FTTP, do you know when this will be happening?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

The DSLAM is the equipment that provides broadband service.

heetunma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Ok, thank you. I would like to know when my cabinet will be upgraded to fibre? 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Only openreach know if and when any cabinet will be upgraded

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

As @Starwire2000 pointed out, your cabinet is not scheduled for upgrade to fibre, FTTP is planned instead. Only Openreach will know the timescales for that.

heetunma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

imjolly I have asked them numerous times, like I said in my previous post, but nobody seems to want to listen to what the customers want. Yet they can put this in the remote parts of the UK and they can’t put it in a cabinet that is so close to an exchange.