cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bw01
Message 1 of 9

Can I do anything about being told by BT they wont raise a complaint for my issue ?

Hi all, this is my first and last post hopefully.

Last year I renewed my contract with BT again for the20th year plus. I opted for a 4k box with ultimate package and fibre to cab unlimited broadband. I just needed an aerial for the freeview. Bt suggested that they could install a new one for me for a great price of £60 or so.. I was really happy about that as I was quoted £120 for an install. Installer came round and proceeded to put up an oversized antenna on the front wall of my house. The pole was very thin and not very high above the eaves. I complained about this and was told the price paid was for a very basic install plus the cheapest materials. I called them out after a few weeks because the wind battered the antenna about all the time and kept knocking against the side of the house, he raised it a bit but the antenna still caught the wind and moved all the time.

This week the mast broke and has fallen over next doors sat dish and they can't watch tv. This is because of the poor instalation. I called BT to ask for some help and got none. I was told by a manager called Adam that they can not do anything about the issue and he told me there was no point in making a complaint about it because nobody would do anything about it. also I was told if he did put a complaint on my file it would not be escalated so was a wast of time.

The mind boggles at this level of customer service, I am told basicly to sod off. I think after all this time I will do just that as soon as my broadband contract ends.

8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can I do anything about being told by BT they wont raise a complaint for my issue ?

If you paid BT to install the aerial it is up to them to ensure that it is installed correctly and safely.

The Customer Service rep is totally wrong in the way he has dealt with you and your complaint.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

bw01
Message 3 of 9

Re: Can I do anything about being told by BT they wont raise a complaint for my issue ?

Thank you very much for taking an interest. Here's hoping.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Did you actually pay BT or the installer of the aerial when they were at your home just when you had a problem you contacted aerial installer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 9

Hi @bw01 Sorry that you were told you could not raise a complaint and that it would not be escalated. Please check out our complaints code of practice to see how we should handle complaints. 

I'm sorry that your Aerial fell and also damaged your neighbour's satellite dish. I've checked and Aerial installations do come with a 12 month guarantee. You mention that it was installed last year. Do you remember what month? 

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
bw01
Message 6 of 9

I paid BT, when I renewed my package I went for free view and needed a new Antenna, they suggested the deal. I paid in advance to BT.
Highlighted
bw01
Message 7 of 9

It is after the year now unfortunately, but the materials were substandard and antenna was to big. A local BT engineer is going to fix it for me this Thursday for money after work as a favour. He said the antenna should never have been used, it is far to top heavy for the thin pole.
bw01
Message 8 of 9

Ha...BT sent me a message today saying my complaint is resolved and now closed.....what a bunch useless fools.
bw01
Message 9 of 9

All over now as I have paid a BT Chap  £50 to reinstall mast etc, he did after he finished work as a favour. 

The mast is a lot thicker and everything about the job says " I have been installed by a professional"

He told me the mast was too thin to hold anything for long and the antenna should never have been used as to heavy.

In the end BT has not been interested and have given me no help whatsoever. I feel let down again from BT but this seems normal these days. Thankyou to anybody that actually helped me in any way....