I set up this forum account recently and, although I noted the user ID, I didn't note the password. In fact, IIRC, I've always used the "Connect with Facebook" option to log in to the forum. I'd prefer to log in directly, so I eventually clicked on the "Forgot?" (password) link, which prompts for an email address, so I entered the gmail account that I'd specified in my forum settings, and after a few minutes I received an email with a "Reset Password" link. This didn't work ... after submitting the new password it returned the error message: "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."
* I tried reporting the problem by replying to the "Reset Password" email from the "BTCare Community Forums Team", but the address doesn't accept incoming mail.
* So then I tried the "Live Chat" in Help, but the person had never even heard of the BTCare Community Forums, and they were no help at all.
* So then I thought that maybe I should have entered my BT email address on the "Forgot?" link (even though that's not the one assigned to my forum account), but that didn't work either. Whereas the first time I received a reply after a few minutes, I've received no reply to my second attempt after 8 hours.
* I've also tried using my MyBT password and my Facebook password with my forum ID to login to the forums, in the unlikely event that I'd used one of them, but neither is accepted.
* I've also tried searching for "reset password" in the forum posts, but didn't get back anything relevant.
* I've also tried resetting the password via my forum settings, but the "Personal Profile : Login" section just shows a user name (which can't be changed) and has no mention of a password.
* Finally I tried logging in to the forums without a password, but that didn't work either (unsurprisingly).
So I'm still stuck having to login to the forums via Facebook. Any ideas on how to fix this or whom I should contact and how, as the "live chat" and email and "Forum help" options weren't any help?
I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.
I've had a similar problem and used BT help chat, they hadn't a clue how to help. Asked me to try my MyBT login details!
I have never used a FB link, but was getting a "no username/password combination exists" despite having posted a week earlier"
Tried the password reset and got exactly the same as the OP about insufficient privileges. Tried this at least 6 times. Since no other means of help, raised a BT Complaint, but am not holding my breath.
So tried tonight and suddenly, after saying no known user, I suddenly got in. Posted to a thread, logged out, tried to log in, problem re-appears.
So I can get in sometimes, but then I cant 5 minutes later.
I must have, like other people, around 100 or more logins for so many sites, and I have never ever seen anything like this.