Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taffy078
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Change the default so that the "Email me" box is ticked and has to be unticked

Hello.

Surely the vast majority of posters want to keep tracks of threads which they start or post in? In which case, if the "Email me" box is already ticked by default, it will save idiots like me from forgetting to tick it when I post!

Have a good weekend everybody - hope you're not all snowed in!

5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Change the default so that the "Email me" box is ticked and has to be unticked

All you need to do is to change your user preferences.

Under my settings - preferences.
Tick the box which says .

You will then get automatic notifications.

Taffy078
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Re: Change the default so that the "Email me" box is ticked and has to be unticked

Hello Keith - it's always good to hear from you.  I looked everywhere on this page for 'my settings' - nothing. I clicked on my name - no 'my settings' there, although I did manage to get diverted by finding a draft post there and also an invitation to post my image - that failed too, so it must be me!

In frustration, I exited the forum, came back and lo and behold, on the home page is "my settings'. So, I've changes my default as you suggested. Thanks.

But I'll still hope that the Administrators accept my suggestion - logic tells me that as most posters want a reply, and I can't think of a downside to my suggestion. Regards.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

The subject of default settings was discussed by the CLs and mods a long time ago. And it was decided that the only default settings would be to enable the PM to e-mail option, otherwise people could be swamped with e-mails.

I do not use that option anyway, as I use the RSS feeds provided by the board, and then I can identify messages automatically using filters.

Taffy078
Expert
Message 5 of 6

OK - thanks for that
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

I'd rather not be bombarded with mails every time somebody replies to something.  I just check for replies every time I log in.