Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technophobe3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Charges for internal fault-finding.

Hi.
I've just cancelled the external free visit to assess poor connection and regular dropping out/weak signal as I'm sure it will lead to an internal inspection for which £85 is charged if anything is wrong as a result of internal change I couldn't possibly be aware of. I'm retired and have M.E. and found processing the long online chat yesterday, almost an hour, exhausting. The set-up was done by BT and there have been renovation activities which MAY, only MAY, have affected things but how can I possibly know that? The chap yesterday did say he had detected a problem and instructed an engineer. He also said I would be refunded for the service I'm not receiving. I've rarely got straight on to Skype, for example. It's all terribly confusing and so stressful!
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Charges for internal fault-finding.

@Technophobe3

Welcome to this user forum.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

They may be able to help with this.

Technophobe3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks. This process is difficult with information-processing challenges, so I may not reply fully or speedily.
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Technophobe3 sorry that you have had to spend a long time on chat to try and resolve the fault with your service. Please click on my profile and send us over your details by selecting the contact the mods option and we will try to make things as smooth as possible for you to get this fixed.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Technophobe3

Thanks for taking my calls over the past week. Really glad to see that the replacement router looks to be performing so much better with less drops on your line.

I'll make this as resolved for now but should any issues arise please post back on this thread.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Technophobe3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for all your efficient attention to this, Stuart.