cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 10

Community

I made one comment on this Community site. I did not expect to be bothered with different names for me every day starting with visitor then newbie and now beginner !, nor did I expect my information such as IP Address to be on display !.

This is all that is wrong about technology, please in future call me ender, I shall be leaving this load of rubbish which is very much like the new Email system!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Community

The 'ranks' are from experience helping others, based on multiple factors like post count, likes, solutions etc
Your IP address is not on display for members though, I can't see yours and you can't see mine.

How active you are is your choice, I personally enoy it here and help others, I also learn from the techie forum members.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

IP addresses are only visible by the forum moderators who work for BT, but its not something that they would look at unless there is a good reason.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 10

In which case, why are they there?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@Anonymous wrote:
In which case, why are they there?

Where are you seeing your IP address when viewing this forum?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10

My Profile. It may be a coincidence ???? but I now cannot log in to my BTinternet email ? It just gets to "Loading" and seizes up, then says " An unexpected error has occurred, this request cannot be completed " !.Is someone trying to tell me something ? Very suspicious !
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@Anonymous wrote:
My Profile. It may be a coincidence ???? but I now cannot log in to my BTinternet email ? It just gets to "Loading" and seizes up, then says " An unexpected error has occurred, this request cannot be completed " !.Is someone trying to tell me something ? Very suspicious !

That is only visible to you, nobody else. To be honest I have never bothered to look at it, as I always know my IP address ad its displayed on my router page.

Issues with BT Email are very common.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

When you view your own profile, you can see 'IP Address of Last Visit ', when you look at someone elses profile you can't see that info.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10

OK, thanks, I still cannot undrestand why it is there. Is there a general problem with BTinternet.com at the moment ?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

This post suggests it's not just you, see Is BT Email down 

0 Ratings