Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmcleod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Complaints

Hi All

A tale of woe, frustration and complete disillusion with BT customer service.

Background, (and trust me I am keeping this brief)

Back in early may we received an offer to upgrade from basic broadband to superfast, and placed the order, with a 10day lead time on the installation and new router.

mid may, after the install date, called back, to find out the order had been blocked by someone in BT, (and no explanation of why ?), usual meanlingless apologies and told the order was now for 24th June, and told a level 2 escalation manager called Jackie from Leicester would call me on the 27th after it was complete.

24th, got an email saying service was live, one problem - no router, and checking the speed, no speed increase.

27th came  and went - no call from Jackie

Complained and was told a manager would call me - nothing

Complained again - was told that Jackie would call on the 4th of July, and got a voicemail from her manager saying that if Jackie didn't call me on the 4th, she would.

4th of July - no call - from EITHER of them, complained again

told manager would call me on 5th - nothing

Complained again - told manager would call and an enginer visit arranged to check the speed

engineer turns up (apprentice and mentor), and does speed /line checks in the house, in and out in 20mins max - with parting shot of - its a line fault, and nothing more

no manager call

complained again - told an engineer would turn on up 11th to check the line -

a manager called - Anne, whose opening line was - I don't care whats in the record, I want to chat this through with you - extremely patronising and zero customer skills..

6th - called and complained, stated clearly that I did not want to speak to Anne again because of her attitude, response to my issues etc, and was assured I would not hear from her again.

11th - engineer turns up, no explanation of what he is doing, does some checks, makes cryptic comments about selling wrong products, and when asked what the issue is, tells my wife - I cant talk to you, you aren't the account holder and leaves.

What he also forgot to mention to her is that he changed the master socket in the house for some reason, and with no explanation to her of what he was doing, why, or anything else - a tad strange.

11th - received call from Anne - told her I had complained about her conduct, and it wasn't right for her to call, she pressed to continue the conversation, so I told her no, and terminated the call

30seconds later - Anne calls again - told her the same thing and hung up

10seconds later - Anne again, hung up

I called BT, and complained, and was told someone has scheduled a call for between 3 and 5pm today - who, and no one has told me ? Made the point that if Anne calls again, I am reporting her and BT to the police for harassment. Was then told that an the BT person had sent an email to Samantha, who heads Anne's department, and she would call me in the next couple of hours.

No phone call...

So - after all of that where does it leave me ?

- No broadband upgrade

- BT who are blatantly ignoring complaints about service,

- a service process where its impossible to get through the escalation process

and no idea where to go to next !!!

I don't expect this forum to solve this, or anything - my expectation of BT at the moment is so low that if I could find another provider I would.

After 25years as a BT customer - I am completely and utter disgusted at the way I've been treated, and BT should be ashamed !

14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Complaints

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab 

is your phone line working?

I have asked a forum mod to see if they can at least find out why delay and above information would help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 15

Hi @kmcleod,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry the activation of your service has been delayed. I'd like to take a look at what is happening with your order.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

kmcleod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Hi Paddy,

thanks for the response, but disappointed that you didnt read the information and take on board this isnt just about activation of a service.

Its about a systemic failure in BT to address a serious customer service issue, and about how BT's compaints team are blatantly treating BT customers as if they dont matter.

I'll reply to your private mail, but I'm disappointed that yet again BT dont apparently care enough to even read the details and act upon them.

One very unhappy customer

Kevin Mcleod

kmcleod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

phone line is working fine...

interestingly I checked the cabinet, and it supplies FTTC, its P7 in Stirling.

also interesting that in the last month, BT have put up a new pole round the corner to supply a neighbour, and in doing so knocked out the electricity supply, (thanks really wanted a 4 hour power outage )

current download is 5 mb, upload 1mb - i.e. standard basic broadband.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

if you ran your phone number did the FTTC show as available or that there was a waiting list?

this is a customer help customer forum and only BT employees are the forum mods everyone else is just a customer like you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 15

also interesting that in the last month, BT have put up a new pole round the corner to supply a neighbour, and in doing so knocked out the electricity supply, (thanks really wanted a 4 hour power outage )

You should note that BT do not put up new poles. That would be Openreach. You can’t blame BT for that one. 

kmcleod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Actually BT Openreach are a wholly owned subsidury of BT - so yes I can,,,

kmcleod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Yes, I ran the number.

Yes, FTTC is shown as available

Yes, I know everyone on here apart from the mods is a customer

Are you saying I shouldnt be airing issues and complaints about BT service here, because if we are all customers, then surely making the community aware the it isnt all sweetness light when dealing with BT, especially getting a BT complaint progressed or resolved is a good thing.

Message 10 of 15

Actually BT Openreach are a wholly owned subsidury of BT - so yes I can,,,

It is no longer called BT Openreach, just Openreach. Ofcom ordered BT to separate legally from its Openreach division in 2016.

i’m just a simple BT customer, please don’t shoot the messenger.