Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k9orbs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Confirmation email not received on private email account

Hi,

I just joined the Community to ask a question about my broadband service but have experienced a problem with my confirmation email. The confirmation email did not arrive in my private email account but when I use my work email account it arrived immediately.

I have checked the spam folder and settings on my private account and have confirmed that the confirmation email is not being blocked by my spam filter.

Obviously, I'm up and running but I'd like to use my private email address.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Confirmation email not received on private email account

@k9orbs 

As you are automatically subscribed to new threads, you should see a couple of notifications. One because I mentioned you, and another to say there has been an update to this thread.

See if you receive both of these.

Is your private email a btinternet.com one?

PS do not post it here.

k9orbs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Hi Keith,

I'm still using my work account and have received the mention notification but not the update notification.

My private email account is not a btinternet.com one.

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

@k9orbs wrote:

Hi Keith,

I'm still using my work account and have received the mention notification but not the update notification.

My private email account is not a btinternet.com one.

What happens if you change your profile settings so that the mentions are directed to your personal email?  Sometimes notifications are delayed anyway.

You can do it on this page https://community.bt.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

k9orbs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

I've fiddled about a bit and can say that confirmation and notification emails just don't make it to my private account. They do make it to my work account immediately. I guess there is something about my private account that the notifications don't like.

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Not sure what to suggest. Is there any reason why you cannot use your btinternet email address which is associated with your account?

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

how would the forum settings 'know' about your work account?  is it possible the emails are being forwarded/redirected from your personal account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
k9orbs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Hi,

This is the scenario.

I registered a Community account using my private email - the email confirmation didn't arrive.

I then changed the Community account email to my work address in the profile and the notification arrived immediately - hence I'm able to post.

Changing it back to my private email results in the confirmation email not being received by my private account.

Changing it again to my work email results in the confirmation being received by my work account immediately.

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Cannot really suggest anything else. I will see if one of the forum admin team can help, if they are not too busy.

k9orbs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Thanks. Any assistance much appreciated.