cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Continuous drop outs.

I have raised over 6 calls for a fault on my broadband and occasional noise on phone. despite the call being closed down on each occasion i still have the fault. how can i escalate this and get it sorted?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Continuous drop outs.

Are BT your provider ?

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

yes.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

is it a broadband fault or is it a problem with line noise which is resulting in problems with your broadband.  have you checked using the test socket and tried quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

any noise should be reported to 151 as a phone fault not broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

So after my 7th fault call and third engineer visit, job gets signed off and two days later constant internet drops, no idea how i can escalate this before I call it a day with BT. 

Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @paulpa66 and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry you're having such a difficult time getting this sorted. I'm sure we'll be able to lend a hand. Before we go any further can you just try the quiet line test as posted by @imjolly. That will give us an idea on how to proceed.

Cheers

David