cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pisces26
Message 1 of 7

Customer Correspondence Centre

On 04 January I sent a letter to the CCC in Durham with a certified copy of a POA asking to administer my elderly mother's account.

To date I have had no reply.  I've phoned the customer service team and spoke to friendly agent who was unable to offer any help apart from telling me that my name is now registered on my mother's account. He couldn't help with any information about official notification from BT or the return of the POA document. 

I was astounded to learn that there is no available email address or telephone number to contact the Customer Correspondence Centre and that I would have to write to them!  How antiquated and so customer unfriendly. 

Is it true that there is no way of communicating with the Customer Correspondence Centre other than by writing them a letter?  Bit rich from an organisation which pushed paperless communication onto customers.

6 REPLIES 6
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Customer Correspondence Centre

Hi, I registered an EPA for my mother. I was advised to send photocopies only, not the original as they will not return the documents to you.

Stew

Pisces26
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for replying, however I did send a certified copy, there is no mention of non-return of documents on their webpage.
https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/POA/PoAandBT/index.htm
What I'd like now is to be able to contact the Customer Correspondence Centre by phone or email.
Guru
Message 4 of 7

It does at the bottom near the address.

The centre is just a processing department. Not been there but if it’s anything like I had at work, it will be just where correspondence is opened, scanned and accounts updated.

What do you think you will achieve by speaking to them?

Stew

-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 7

To register as Power of Attorney have a look at www.bt.com/poa as it contains all you need to know, there are several different types of POA which also vary between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Pisces26
Message 6 of 7

This is what I wrote in my original post:-
"...He couldn't help with any information about official notification from BT or the return of the POA document" - it's been six weeks, I had a response from NS&I in two weeks.
Pisces26
Message 7 of 7

@-Richie-wrote:

To register as Power of Attorney have a look at www.bt.com/poa as it contains all you need to know, there are several different types of POA which also vary between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

I know - please read my original post!