cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siva1
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Data Access Request

I received a letter with BT logo stating that I have requested a copy of the information BT held about me. I did not. I rang BT and was told it is a scam and to ignore letter since they have not sent any. Not sure how this scam works but be aware!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Data Access Request

@Siva1wrote:
I received a letter with BT logo stating that I have requested a copy of the information BT held about me. I did not. I rang BT and was told it is a scam and to ignore letter since they have not sent any. Not sure how this scam works but be aware!!!

Hi.

Just for info, was the letter addressed to you personally, and maybe showing an account number or other information?

What was the jist of the wording of the letter? Were they asking you to contact a phone number, and email address - and were they asking for money?

Siva1
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Data Access Request

Yes, the letter was addresses personally to me. All it had was a reference number. Just stated it will take up to 3 months for a response. There was no request for anything and that is what's puzzling about the whole letter. Trying to guess what the motive is. Have to wait now and see if there are any further letters.