Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Dear BT Customer

i got this page come up on my ipad.

Dear BT Customer, Congratulations!

National Telecoms is holding a market research for the next 7days and we will select 10

lucky users every day for a chance to receive an exclusive prize from our sponsors,

including  apple iphonexs,samsung galaxy s9,£200 aldi gift card.

and your ip address 2a00-------------------- has been selected, simply

answer our anonymous survey below and continue.

ps i have deleted it now

7 REPLIES 7
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Dear BT Customer

Spam, do not click it.

The script does a lookup on your IP range to know you're with BT, so it looks genuine.

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

@helzapoppinwrote:

National Telecoms is holding a market research for the next 7days and we will select 10

lucky users every day for a chance to receive an exclusive prize from our sponsors,

ps i have deleted it now

100% scam.

Why it shows an IPv6 address is unclear, since it's unlikely for BTinternet users to have one ....

Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 8

@helzapoppin wrote:

ps i have deleted it now

Your were right to delete it. The “sponsors” are not BT.

This message seems to be more common on Safari, and not Windows browsers, which are better at eliminating junk.

If you took the survey, take a careful look in your Safari history cookies, and delete any junk - selectively.

helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

i did not take the survey, with safari i use the bing search engine is that the best option.

Carlusha
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

@helzapoppinwrote:

i did not take the survey, with safari i use the bing search engine is that the best option.

You mentioned you're using an iPad. That being the case, why not download the Bing app so you can run Bing without the need to run Safari.

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 8

@Carlusha wrote:

@helzapoppinwrote:

You mentioned you're using an iPad. That being the case, why not download the Bing app so you can run Bing without the need to run Safari.

Bing is only a search engine, and not a browser. It’s probably ok if set correctly.

I use google as a search engine, and it gives security  indications only when the searched site is opened.

It’s Safari which stores the good/or/ bad cookies.

I think that the Chrome  Browser is available for iOS devices, not sure of effectiveness, though.

Carlusha
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

@Ribblelancswrote:

@Carlushawrote:

@helzapoppinwrote:

Bing is only a search engine, and not a browser. It’s probably ok if set correctly.

I use google as a search engine, and it gives security  indications only when the searched site is opened.

It’s Safari which stores the good/or/ bad cookies.

I think that the Chrome  Browser is available for iOS devices, not sure of effectiveness, though.

Pardon me. Apologies. I did not realise you were NOT asking a question!

"i did not take the survey, with safari i use the bing search engine is that the best option."

Did not use Safari
Used Bing
Is that the best option (sounds like a question)

Yes, Chrome is available on iOS - great for translations on the fly>
Google available
Safari available
Bing available
Opera Mini available
Opera Touch available
Opera Coast (Unavailable but still installed and functional)
Edge available
Firefox available
Duckduckgo available

All the above are installed on my iPad Pro and work well. On iOS, you don't need a browser to run a search engine app!

Again, apologies if I misunderstood your post.