cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billpahal
Message 1 of 7

Deleting a dormant online business account

Hi, I have recently switched to bt for my residential telephone and broadband service. I previously had a bt business account, which was registered to my primary email address. I have tried to set up a bt id for my new residential account, using my email address, but I an unable to as I am continually getting the message that my email address is already registered with bt business.
Would it therefore be possible to delete my business account so that I’m able to use my email address for my residential account?
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Deleting a dormant online business account

Welcome to this user forum.

You would have to contact BT Business to get that deleted.

You would not be able to reuse a BT Business email address (btclick)for a residential service anyway, so you are going to have to create a new BTID with a btinternet.com address, so you would be best to do that now.

Billpahal
Message 3 of 7

Hi, the email address is a btinternet.com address.
I have contacted bt business twice but still the account remains active
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@Billpahal wrote:
Hi, the email address is a btinternet.com address.
I have contacted bt business twice but still the account remains active

I still think you would not be able to transfer it anyway, because once its deleted, it cannot be re-used. I would just create  a new email address and use that instead.

I am surprised that you were not given a btconnect.com email address, if you had a BT Business account?

I have asked one of the moderators for advice.

Billpahal
Message 5 of 7

Thanks
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Billpahal ,

If your BT internet email address is linked to your old BT Business BT ID, this will stop you from registering that same email on your residential BT ID.

The two options would be to either contact BT Business to see if they can delete that old profile of use another email address to create you residential BT ID.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
ed_h
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Interestingly this is similar to a query I have just raised. Where my Bbtinternet account has existed for years and is linked to my Residential Line, but since I last reset my password about a year ago, not gets flagged as a Business Account when I do a password reset.