cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7

Delivery of the USO for orders after the 20th March 2020 and proposals on upgrading now.

Hello, my name is Matthew and I represent a small community in Whitford East Devon.

We have been running a project for the past 3 years looking into solutions and funding options in trying to upgrade our village Broadband network,  In 2016, Openreach upgraded a majority of other locations aroud us but we were subsiquently passed by and forgotten in the fibre roll out programmes.

We have herd the Geat news that Ofcom that has published the official date that USO orders can be placed for the 20th March 2020. 

I would like to ask BT three vital questions.

1. What are your proposals at present in upgrading areas previously forgotten, before customers can place an order for a USO Connection.

2. Would you be willing to possitivly work alongside us to upgrade our area, before USO orders can be placed so that you are not overwhelmed..

3. Can the USO orders be aggregated to upgrade an area to fibre.

Our local village has 225 properties  serviced by cabinet 6 from the Colyton Exchange.

At present the local community are recieving a Broadband connection sync speed of between 1 mbps and 7.9mbps.

The only Broadband techology in our area is ADSL2+.

I do lookforward to your respose.

Please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Matt

Matthew

Project Co-ordinator,

Striving for Better Broadband in Whitford.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Delivery of the USO for orders after the 20th March 2020 and proposals on upgrading now.

Welcome to this user forum. @Anonymous 

This is a BT Retail customer forum. Its Openreach  who provider the external network.

Try this page https://communityfibre.openreach.co.uk/

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: Delivery of the USO for orders after the 20th March 2020 and proposals on upgrading now.

as USO includes mobile coverage is your are well served for speed over mobile data

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

Hi our area does recieve an ok 4G singal form various mobile network operators. but if you live further into the village the signal is very poor or lost completelly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

hi we are already part of the CFP programme. But i am contacting BT directly as the Nominated Universal Service Provider to answer my questions instead of being defered to other areas of the BT business group.

If i am unable to obtain a firm answer I will have to make official contact with ***** and ***** directly as they are the Company Cheif Executive officers.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

as @Keith_Beddoe  has said this is a BT Retail community forum for customers and as such your posts do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT employees they do not necessarily read all posts   you really need to direct your questions to BT as suggested by @Keith_Beddoe 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

ok many thanks