Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnoap
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Forum easy of use

Being in my 70s i do not find it easy to find my way round the forum

After one reply it said click white star if the reply was useful. What white star?

also find trying to access bt informatiom / areas  dificult

Trying to get to the right section / person is not easy

When i have a tech problem i find some of those based in the far east not as good as the assistant who called me from Exeter who was very patient and solved my problem

Had the wrong information a number of times from the far east assistants

2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Forum easy of use

You seem to be doing OK with the forum as far as I can see.

The white star is under the username of people posting on the forum. It is visible on all the boards with the exception of The Lounge Board which you are posting in now.

If you have a problem with your BT product and would like to see if a forum member could help you, you should look at the board names on the start page and then post your problem in the most appropriate board. Don't worry if you get the wrong board it can always be moved later if need be.

If you are searching for a specific problem the BT help pages are the place to start. If you look at the top of this page and the other BT pages you will see a search box. Type in the box your problem then select "search this site" and click search. It will bring up pages to look at.

You may find that if you have a problem you are best to post on this forum and forum members will endeavour to help in easy simple ways that might negate your need to contact the over seas help service.

vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Forum easy of use

@johnoap wrote:

Being in my 70s i do not find it easy to find my way round the forum

After one reply it said click white star if the reply was useful. What white star?

also find trying to access bt informatiom / areas  dificult

Trying to get to the right section / person is not easy

When i have a tech problem i find some of those based in the far east not as good as the assistant who called me from Exeter who was very patient and solved my problem

Had the wrong information a number of times from the far east assistants

You are not alone in finding this forum not easy to use. 

BT devote little effort to it and most suggestions for improvement are ignored.

Also the suggestion by a contributor to click a white star if the reply was useful is against forum rules but several of the people who police the forum are the worse offenders and even have it built in to their signatures that causes the message in situations where it is not possible.