Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pompey1898
Expert
Message 41 of 81

Re: Forum pages slow to load

Hi @Ribblelancs @Keith_Beddoe @pottyperson @SeanD @JohnC2,

Thank you all for your input.

To an extent I agree with @Ribblelancs that the delay is not the end of the world.  However, pages used to load with no noticeable delay until the day I started this thread.  So SOMETHING changed.

My first thought was that the change was something to do with ME or my PC.  But, as I have said more than once, both of these options were ruled out as the delay still occurs on other people's PCs, from two different locations, and without me logging in ?????

pompey1898
Expert
Message 42 of 81

@JohnC2wrote:

Hi @pompey1898 Sorry it was not convenient for @NeilO to call today. He will not be in the office tomorrow but has asked me to let you know he will be in touch on Tuesday when he is back.

Cheers
John

Hi @JohnC2 & @NeilO,

I received no call from NeilO yesterday ?

Message 43 of 81

Hi @pompey1898,

I'm sorry you didn't receive your call back yesterday. @NeilO is in the office later on today and will follow up with you then.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Message 44 of 81

@pompey1898 I called yesterday afternoon but there was no answer, I'll try again this aftenoon.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
pompey1898
Expert
Message 45 of 81

Hi @PaddyB & @NeilO,

Have you had any feedback from Lithim yet please?

Pages are still taking ~10 seconds to load.

By the way.

After 11 days up to 17-1 with no disconnections, I had daily disconnects for 6 days, and am now standing at 3 days without a disconnetion

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 81

wow  10sec to load will feel like a 'lifetime' sitting watching a blank screen

I am not having any loading problems with forum pages either on chrome, edge or FF  the pages are loading just like any other webpage

hopefully you find a solution to reason why you are loading so slowly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 47 of 81

Re: Forum pages slow to loadp

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi @PaddyB & @NeilO,

Have you had any feedback from Lithim yet please?

Pages are still taking ~10 seconds to load.

By the way.

After 11 days up to 17-1 with no disconnections, I had daily disconnects for 6 days, and am now standing at 3 days without a disconnetion

If it’s of any consolation, I had problems loading Forum pages yesterday evening, but think that it was device related:-

An older iPad mini 2, struggled with iOS 2.1.3 update.

A soft reset fixed the problem to some extent. There are no disconnects though. 

The Windows 10 laptop also needed some tweaks, following a recent update- mainly for background processes.

Smart hub2 and disc installed recently.....working well so far!

Message 48 of 81

Hi @pompey1898 no sorry I haven't heard anything, it was raised by the community manager @SeanD so he may have an update but he's not in the office over the weekend.  

Keep an eye on those disconnections if they become worse and you're getting more than 5 drops in a 24 hour period we'd be able to report it to the engineers. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 49 of 81

Hi @pompey1898,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Lithium have had a support ticket open on this issue for some time now and they cannot replicate the issue.  We ourselves have tried here in the office to replicate the problem but it takes nowhere near 10 seconds for pages to load.

Earlier on in the discussion post 33 from @James-C, he kindly posted a website speed tester (Web Page tester).  I note the result you got on this test was just under 3.6 seconds.  This is very close to what I achieve here in the office, I regularly get 3.5 seconds.

Can you please run this test again when you feel the pages are taking in excess of 10 seconds.  I am not sure that this will help aid the investigation but at least we can demonstrate to Lithium that there is a slow down, that may help.

Failing that I am afraid I don't have an explanation as to your poor experience using the Community Smiley Sad

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
pompey1898
Expert
Message 50 of 81

Hi @SeanD,

I have clicked on the link you posted about 10 times and the SUPPOSED results appear in less than 2 seconds but the screen shows exactly the same every time so something is not right here either, viz :-

web page tester.JPG