Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 71 of 82

Re: Forum pages slow to load

Hi @SeanD,

Just out of interest.

I am at one of my son's this weekend.  I have noticed that pages on here are only taking about 6 seconds to load.  This is with ~15mbps ADSL connection compared with my ~35mbps VDSL connection.

cc @Ribblelancs

BT Expert
Message 72 of 82

How could you forget me @SeanD 😂
BT ExpertJamesC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on technical queries, where I can. Go here for more info.
pompey1898
Expert
Message 73 of 82

Hi @SeanD,

Please see the PM I sent you.

pompey1898
Expert
Message 74 of 82

Hi @SeanD,

Any response from Lithium yet please ?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 75 of 82

Hi @pompey1898,

Nothing yet, they are still investigating.  As soon as I get an update I will share it here.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 76 of 82

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi @SeanD,

Any response from Lithium yet please ?

@pompey1898

Probably  a little late in the proceedings, but I’m just curious, Smiley Happy

Did you manage to post any files, for Lithium to analyse?

pompey1898
Expert
Message 77 of 82

Hi @Ribblelancs,

No I did not.  Sean was going to ring me to talk through the instructions if he needed my input but he said he did not need my input.

Not sure if I only put it in the PM exchanges with Sean but I am accessing the forum at "old normal" speeds via Firefox.

As an aside I tried the Sky forum ( also powered by Lithium ) and had the same result.

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 78 of 82

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi @Ribblelancs,

No I did not.  Sean was going to ring me to talk through the instructions if he needed my input but he said he did not need my input.

Not sure if I only put it in the PM exchanges with Sean but I am accessing the forum at "old normal" speeds via Firefox.

As an aside I tried the Sky forum ( also powered by Lithium ) and had the same result.

Strange, I found that Firefox was the simplest to upload the .har files.

The difficult bit was installing Firefox and loading the Internet security add ons (Norton here) to be safe.

There’s difference in speeds between IE11 and Firefox  though......It’s just an instinctive guess, at the moment.

Highlighted
Carlusha
Contributor
Message 79 of 82

@Ribblelancswrote:

There’s difference in speeds between IE11 and Firefox  though......It’s just an instinctive guess, at the moment.

Possibly you are aware IE11 is no longer supported except, I believe, for the occasional security update. Although not a great fan, have you tried Edge? I have it installed and use it now and again and find it flies. Just checked the community forum and it displays almost instantaneously. 

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 80 of 82

@Carlusha wrote:

@Ribblelancswrote:

Possibly you are aware IE11 is no longer supported except, I believe, for the occasional security update. Although not a great fan, have you tried Edge? I have it installed and use it now and again and find it flies. Just checked the community forum and it displays almost instantaneously. 

Windows 10 still supports IE11, and at the moment there do not appear to be plans to remove that support - unlike Windows 7.

Edge, is just beginning to support some  non-Microsoft Internet Security suppliers’ add ons, to a limited extent.....a separate topic, I think.