Highlighted
Carlusha
Contributor
Message 81 of 82

Re: Forum pages slow to load

@Ribblelancswrote:

@Carlushawrote:

@Ribblelancswrote:

There’s difference in speeds between IE11 and Firefox  though......It’s just an instinctive guess, at the moment.

Possibly you are aware IE11 is no longer supported except, I believe, for the occasional security update. Although not a great fan, have you tried Edge? I have it installed and use it now and again and find it flies. Just checked the community forum and it displays almost instantaneously. 

Windows 10 still supports IE11, and at the moment there do not appear to be plans to remove that support - unlike Windows 7.

Edge, is just beginning to support some  non-Microsoft Internet Security suppliers’ add ons, to a limited extent.....a separate topic, I think.

Thanks for clarifying the  IE11 situation. I took this "On Windows 7, 8.1, and 10, only Internet Explorer 11 will receive security updates for the remainder of those Windows versions' support lifecycles" to mean security updates only but upon Iooking again, I see support is available also.

Apologies and again, thanks.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 82 of 82

Re: Forum pages slow to load

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to offer one final update on this thread, for anyone interested in the outcome.

Lithium has been unable to find any issue on the platform end which would explain why Pompey and Ribblelancs experience slow loading community pages.  Lithium went as far as testing with one of the affected profiles.  Unfortunately they could not replicate the issue, each test ended with a maximum load time of 4.5 seconds.

We have exhausted all avenues in trying to figure this one out.  While we can't explain why both members experience the slowdown, Lithium is confident that the issue is not related to anything on the platform end.

I have updated Pompey privately as this remains to be an issue when using Internet explorer, Pompey has confirmed a better experience using Firefox.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank both @pompey1898  and @Ribblelancs  for your continued patience and help in aiding us with this investigation.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You