Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 51 of 82

Re: Forum pages slow to load

Hi @SeanD,

I think that result I posted is nothing to do with me.

Have tried running "test again".  Here is the result when I eventually got fed up with waiting for test 3 to run

slow speed 1.JPGslow speed 2.JPG

pompey1898
Expert
Message 52 of 82

My last post failed as it took too long.

Grrrrr ?

Edit.

Several minutes later, low and behold it appeared ?

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 53 of 82

If it helps,

I could not get those tests to complete this morning.

An eventual,  false result, gave a ~ 60 second response time, Don’t believe it!!!

Website must be having problems.  

pompey1898
Expert
Message 54 of 82

@Ribblelancswrote:

If it helps,

An eventual,  false result, gave a ~ 60 second response time, Don’t believe it!!!

Seems as though we are still the only 2 people that are aware of this issue. 

Newbies, of course, may think the ~10 seconds to load pages is normal ?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 82

@pompey1898 wrote:

@Ribblelancswrote:

If it helps,

Seems as though we are still the only 2 people that are aware of this issue. 

Newbies, of course, may think the ~10 seconds to load pages is normal ?

It may not be that you are the only two people who are aware of the issue, it may be that you are the only two people that are affected by the issue.

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 56 of 82

The issue is not quite open or closed. It’s an ongoing discussion.
Strange that the iPhone 8 Plus response is instant.
I still think it’s device related.
There’s another ongoing discussion re Smart hubs -HH5, Hh6, or Smart Hub2 - and Wi-fi repeater/mesh devices.
No one can decide which is going to work for every situation. Seems ok here...for what is required of it.
BT Expert
Message 57 of 82

Hi @pompey1898 & @Ribblelancs

The link in my previous post (post 33) was a website that tested the performance of the site from thier side. 

It was there so you could run some tests on your side uisng your browsers developer tools (press F12 when the browser is open) - I understand this is a bit technical but should highlight where things are slowing down.

If using Chrome have a look at https://developers.google.com/web/tools/lighthouse/#devtools which can create an audit report from your side. I would turn off the throttling emulation. 

Or you can record the network traffic (timeline tab in Safari Dev tools, Network tab in Chrome Dev Tools and similar across other browsers).

BT ExpertJamesC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on technical queries, where I can. Go here for more info.
pompey1898
Expert
Message 58 of 82

@James-Cwrote:

The link in my previous post (post 33) was a website that tested the performance of the site from thier side. 

It was there so you could run some tests on your side uisng your browsers developer tools (press F12 when the browser is open) - I understand this is a bit technical but should highlight where things are slowing down. I agree, too technical for me.

If using Chrome have a look at https://developers.google.com/web/tools/lighthouse/#devtools which can create an audit report from your side. I would turn off the throttling emulation. 

Or you can record the network traffic (timeline tab in Safari Dev tools, Network tab in Chrome Dev Tools and similar across other browsers).I don't have any of these.

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 59 of 82

@James-C wrote:

It was there so you could run some tests on your side uisng your browsers developer tools (press F12 when the browser is open) - I understand this is a bit technical but should highlight where things are slowing down.

Or you can record the network traffic (timeline tab in Safari Dev tools, Network tab in Chrome Dev Tools and similar across other browsers).

The link posted on message 33 is no longer responding. IE11.
The Test No. 1 times out, and the further test results and summary are meaningless, giving a 60 second load time.
The Forum pages still load at a reasonable response time, however: 3 to 4 seconds approx.

Apart from that, it's another strange day, when things go wrong: - Windows 10 updates not responding; I think the problem is with the server.
Pleased with the Smart hub2 and the one Disk, though........There are some observations to be posted on a separate topic.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 60 of 82

Hi @pompey1898 & @Ribblelancs,

I have received an update from Lithium and they are struggling to find any issue on the platform end.  To investigate further they have asked for a .Har file.

HAR stands for HTTP Archive Format, a .HAR file captures detailed performance data about the web page you have loaded which can be useful in troubleshooting.  @James-C last suggestion is exactly what Lithium have requested to help pinpoint the issue.

I appreciate this is a technical ask but without this they cannot offer an explanation.  Would it be possible for you to download either Chrome or Firefox to run this test?  Internet Explorer does allow you to export network data into a .XML file, but if a .HAR file can be captured with the above mentioned browsers that would be preferred.   Unfortunately I dont know where to obtain the .HAR file from any other browser Smiley Sad  

Below is step by step instructions on how to obtain this file, if you are feeling brave enough please attempt this as it would help Lithium

Chrome

1. Go to the page where you are experiencing the issue.
  2. Open the Chrome menu bar and go to More Tools > Developer Tools.
  3. In the developer console that displays on the bottom of your screen, click the Network tab.
  4. Click the checkbox next to Preserve log.
  5. Now, reproduce the issue you are experiencing.
  6. When you reproduce the issue, right-click on any of the events that were captured and click Save as HAR with Content.
  7. Attach the .HAR file to an email and send it to us ( I will PM you with a direct email address)

Firefox

1. Go to the page where you are experiencing the issue.
  2. Open your Firefox menu bar and go to Developer > Network.  (On Mac use: Tools > Web Developer > Network)
  3. Now, reproduce the issue you are experiencing.
  4. When you reproduce the issue, right-click on any of the events that were captured and click Save All As HAR.
  5. Attach the .HAR file to us.

As soon as I receive the attached file I will send the logs to Lithium to see if they can pinpoint an issue anywhere which would explain your experience.

Cheers Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You